Blood over GIT

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Blood over GIT

Postby kriztofo » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:30 pm

I am having problems getting Blood, an old DOS shooter running with GIT over the Internet with a friend. First of all, we are both using XP so we need to use VDMSound to run the game. Firstly, would VDMsound and GIT conflict in any way?

If not, here are the details.

We are both behind a NAT and the ports are forwarded correctly I believe. I am sending UDP packets to him a port 213 which is forwarded to his box, and he is sending be UDP packets on port 214 which is forwarded to mine. This configuration seems to work because the clients do see each other, but crash when entering the game with a strange error (might be a Blood error, I don't know it appears on his screen). Also, After trying once, the two clients won't see each other on other attempts.

Oh yeah, and its IPX socket 9854.
kriztofo

Postby Ark » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:33 pm

There is no reason another program, unless it is a network sniffer of some sort, should interfer with GIT.

With only two players, you should be using the same port (213) or GIT can't talk to the other GIT on the other person's computer.
If you are making two connections with GIT, one in each direction, on different ports, you are forwarding each packet twice.

Since you know the game uses IPX and you know the IPX socket number, you should very easily get the game to work with GIT, provided the game works with Windows XP.
Ark
Site Admin

Got it working

Postby kriztofo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:28 pm

Thanks for the quick response. We got it working and it is quite lovely. We experience quite a bit of lag in Blood (and Shadow Warrior, another Build game) but I doubt this is a problem with GIT and more likely the games themselves.

Thanks for a great program.
kriztofo

Return to GIT