How to Set-Up GIT for Star Wars: Battlefront Plz Help

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

How to Set-Up GIT for Star Wars: Battlefront Plz Help

Postby Zeian » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:33 pm

Hello,

I would like to play LAN games of Star Wars: Battlefront with a friend on a remote LAN. I visited lucasarts and it stated the following ports needed to be forwarded to play the game

Ports:
3658, 3659 & 6500
27900 needs to be opened so Gamespy servers can see the game.

We atempted to set up a server and clients using the TCP Listen Server/Client setup using those ports but couldn't find the game. We are both behind Linksys routers but usually have no problems playing games through them. We also tried setting both of us up as the DMZ Host and still no luck. The game runs fine on the internal LAN i would imagine GIT could get us connected with the proper setup.

If anyone could be of assistance or has been able to get Battlefront to work any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Zeian
Zeian

Battlefront working after much testing...

Postby Zeian » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:02 pm

After much testing we were finnally able to get Star Wars Battlefront to work with GIT. We used UDP and forwarded the following game ports:

3657-3659

For those of you that are still having problems with GIT just keep at it. There is enough information on these forums to set you in the right direction. This is a very interesting program and we truly thank you for all your efforts ARK.

Zeian
Zeian

Postby taz_eat » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:12 pm

Can you post your setups? ie all the settings on the settings/advanced page.
taz_eat

Battlefront Advanced Configuration

Postby thucydides » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:06 am

I forward the same ports (i.e. 3657-9 and 6500) as above, but I use TCP Connect rather than UDP because we're connecting multiple computers to one server and it's easier to setup. Also, I use a dsl modem on a switch rather than a router. My advanced configuration is as below on both the server and the clients.

Ethernet II
Forward ARP
Zlib Compression
UDP
Don't Send Routable
Alter Source IP (with my LAN and Internet IP)
thucydides

Postby RedZack » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:30 am

Wee have a problem too

Me and a friend wuld play starwars

wee have all configuratet like thucydides we can see each other in GIT but he cant see the game server any help ????
RedZack

laggy

Postby avenger » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:09 pm

hi guys,

A friend and i set up our GIT for battlefront the way described above, while we can connect fine, the game is unplayable.

The person not hosting has pings of 250ms, and constant packet loss.

Do you guys have these problems? Any solutions would be appreciated.

We both have DSL connections 512/256 so bandwidth shouldnt be a problem.

Our config....
We tried both UDP connection and tcp listen/connect. Ports 3657-3659, 6500. GIT connects fine according to the connections status.

Ethernet 2
Forward ARP
Dont sent routable
TCP/UDP forwarded.

We both have routers, and both have DMZ set to our IP's.

Hope someone can help.
avenger

Return to GIT