Uninstall and Installation Problems

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Uninstall and Installation Problems

Postby cracof » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 am

September 10, 2012
I have had numerous problems with the downloaded program and have discussed them on this forum (General) and with Tech support with no success. Thinking that I received a corrupted downloaded program I requested a hard copy of the program which I am now trying to install. A msg shows: "Morpheus Animation Suite can't be installed on this disk. A new version of this software already exists on this disk".
I trashed the previous installed purchased Morpheus program along with the 'supporting' files from the > MAC HD >LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT>MORPHEUS SOFTWARE>MORPHEUS PHOTO ANIMATION SUITE>HELP AND SAMPLES FOLDERS< Also...I trashed any files that I created with the program ending in .aml. I also trashed these files located in my ‘users preference’ folder- com.Morpheus.Morpheus Photo Animation Suite.LSSharedFileList AND
com.Morpheus.Morpheus Photo Animation Suite

FURTHER, I EMPTIED THE TRASH OF ALL THESE FILES AND RESTARTED MY MAC. I am still unable to install the program off the disk receiving the msg. Re:Unable to install having a newer version existing on ‘this disk’. What pieces of application might be on my computer preventing this installation? I have done all that I know what to do in uninstalling this program in order to reinstall from the disk that was sent to me. What Now?
Craig
I Use an iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 23 Duo running Version OS X 10.6.8
cracof

Re: Uninstall and Installation Problems

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:40 am

Delete files matching: /Library/Receipts/*Morpheus*.pkg
That is generally where the OS X installer looks to determine what is installed.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 pm

September 10, 2012
Ark thanks for your reply. Looked in both Libraries (HD and Users folder) for Library/Receipts/*Morpheus*.pkg and nothing exists. Made a Spotlight search on these terms along with .pkg and nothing was found. Have gone through most Library folders looking for anything that is Morpheus and find nothing. Any other suggestions?

Craig
cracof

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Open Terminal and copy/paste this line:
Code: Select all
ls /Applications/Morpheus*.app /Library/Receipts/*Morpheus*.pkg /Library/Application\ Support/Morpheus\ Software ~/Library/Preferences/*Morpheus*

That should list every file that could possibly be created by Morpheus that still exists anywhere on your computer.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 pm

September 10, 2012
Nothing came up: ls: /Applications/Morpheus*.app: No such file or directory
ls: /Library/Application Support/Morpheus Software: No such file or directory
ls: /Library/Receipts/*Morpheus*.pkg: No such file or directory
ls: /Users/cracof/Library/Preferences/*Morpheus*: No such file or directory

Craig
ps I have repaired permissions and rebooted to no avail.

The disk I received is labeled MORPHEUS PHOTO ANIMATION SUITE.
System Requirement: Mac OS X 10.3.9
Copyright: 2009 Smith Micro Software, Inc.
ALA33005365

I have other Smith Micro Apps installed...could they be causing the problem with this installation...just a thought?
cracof

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm

We are not the same company as Smith Micro and have no authorship in the CD you have from them. They are an authorized reseller of some of our products, but they produce their own website/boxes/cds that we never see over here.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:17 pm

September 10, 2012
Ark....I have the program entitled Morpheus Photo Animation Suite....this is the Morpheus Software Support Forum. Your last reply 'implies' that because I bought the program created by your company and resold
via Smith Micro that what ever problems I am having is the responsibility of Smith Micro. Am I reading your reply correctly or over reacting and you are still pondering what might be the solution to the problem
I have submitted in this support forum? Please advise. Thank You.
Craig
cracof

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:11 pm

No, all we are saying is that we don't know exactly what is on the CD, and there is no reason to think other Smith Micro programs are interfering. If you run the Morpheus installer directly, it should install, as you don't have a single file that relates to it installed on your computer anywhere.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm

September 10, 2012
So...I feel quite stuck. By using the Morpheus Disk I cannot install the application continuing to get a msg. "Morpheus Animation Suite can't be installed on this disk. A new version of this software already exists on this disk". Yet
I have searched everywhere and have found no morpheus files. Is there a way to install the program in another manner that I have not tried? ex by starting up my MAC via the Morpheus disk if that is possible.
I am running out of options and fixes. hahahahaa
Craig
cracof

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm

You could try downloading the latest version directly from our website. The downloads all function as free trials until you enter your activation code. It is possible that the CD you have has our normal installer wrapped up in other installers that I am not familiar with.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:47 pm

September 11, 2012
ARK, if I do upload this program does it have an uninstall capability that I could use that may completely wipe any hidden remnants of the previous upload from your site? Then....I could use the hard disk sent to me and begin the process anew.
It was uploading from the site originally that seemed to cause so many problems and possible corruption. Thoughts?
Craig
cracof

Postby Ark » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm

No, there is no specific uninstall option for OS X. Dragging the application to the trashcan is generally sufficient.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Ark, just and FYI... I took those steps when I trashed the application downloaded from your site but the other files remained in files on my computer that I informed you about in my previous writings.
Craig
cracof

Postby mrwitt » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:05 pm

I am having the exact same problem and Smith Micro told me to contact Morpheus for assistance.
mrwitt

Postby cracof » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 pm

September 16, 2012
mrwitt, Ark was the most helpful yet did not satisfactorily remedy my numerous problems. SmithMicro, after a few requests, did send me a disk of the program. However, I was unable to instal the program. After many hours of trying to fix the problem I ran a disk repair only to find the application to be corrupt. ( I took a screen shot of the message showing the corruption msg). Best Wishes
ps...here are the locations that I found that Morpheus files were located. Just trashing the file as recommended by Ark does not work.

LOCATION OF FILES:
'supporting' files from the > MAC HD >LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT>MORPHEUS SOFTWARE>MORPHEUS PHOTO ANIMATION SUITE>HELP AND SAMPLES FOLDERS<

2. I FOUND THESE FILES IN MY USERS PREFERENCES FILE AFTER SENDING THE ABOVE NOTE:
com.Morpheus.Morpheus Photo Animation Suite.LSSharedFileList
com.Morpheus.Morpheus Photo Animation Suite

3. THE APPLICATION/PROGRAM
cracof

Return to General Questions