trouble emailing morph

For topics specific to the Morpheus for OS X versions.

trouble emailing morph

Postby rosiview » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:41 pm

I just purchased Morpheus, and am still using the Wizard to learn how this works. I made a Morph and when I tried to email it with the "Share" menu, the whole application quits unexpectedly. I tried going back in and using "time line actions" set the file format as a SWF and tried it again, this time it goes through like it is going to send, but when I click on the Send Morph button, it comes back with "unable to read the file. Please save your layout or pictures in a different location." I have Mac OS 10.4.10 core duo. I would appreaciate if anyone can tell me what to try. I can see morph in the preview, and also save it to my desktop, I just can't email it?!?
rosiview

Postby Ark » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:33 am

Please try redownloading the latest version from our website and reinstalling the program from that.
Ark
Site Admin

trouble emailing morph

Postby rosiview » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:38 pm

I went to Morpheus Software, downloaded the free version of Morpheus Photo Animation Suite Mac, but it didn't ask for my registration number, although it did say installation was successfull. I tried making a new morph and I still get the same thing, it quits when I try to send it with one choice, and if I select the other one, I get the next screen but when I click to send morph I get the message again that it "can't read the file". I bought the disc, and when I first installed from the disc it did make me also download from the site, but that time I had to put in my registration number. Is there a certain way I have to reinstall? Do I need to "trash" the original one first, or does it reinstall over the original? I can't believe this is so difficult!
rosiview

Postby Ark » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:00 pm

You do not need to do anything special to install the program, it can be installed over the previous installation just fine normally. It sounds like a permissions issue on your computer though. The morph has to be rendered to a temporary file, and perhaps your user account does not have access to a temporary folder someplace. Try with an administrator account.
Ark
Site Admin

trouble emailing morph

Postby rosiview » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 pm

I am the administrator of this computer. I'm going to try restarting my computer to see if that makes a difference. By the way it shows a screen that says it is "rendering" before it shows the screen with "send Morph", but that's when it says the bit about not being able to read the file. I'll post a reply if restarting computer works. Since I'm am the administrator I'm still at a loss!!!
rosiview

trouble emailing morph

Postby rosiview » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:26 pm

Restarting didn't work!
rosiview

Postby Ark » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:32 pm

The error you are seeing means one of the following:
    The SWF or GIF file rendered to the temporary location was not actually created.
    The file could not be opened because of permissions problems.
    The file was opened but the size was 0 bytes big.
Ark
Site Admin

trouble emailing morph

Postby rosiview » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:12 pm

I saved the ".aml" file from Morpheus to my desktop. From finder/file/get info, it said the file was 8kb and under Permissions I am the Owner and it says I can "read and write". :cry: :? :(
rosiview

Postby Ark » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:31 am

That's not the file it needs to read. When you are emailing your morph to a friend, it creates a *.swf or *.gif file in your system-defined temporary directory.
Ark
Site Admin

trouble emailing morph

Postby rosiview » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:58 pm

I hate being a pest, but I would really like to be able to do this! Can you tell me the steps I need to do to check or change this?
rosiview

trouble emailing morph

Postby rosiview » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:59 pm

I want to say that I have found out that I can render my morph as a quicktime movie file and attach that to an email. I am dissapointed that I can't use the "email your morph to a friend" within the program.
rosiview

Return to Mac Morpheus