Theme Hospital problems...!!! From IPX to TCP/IP

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Theme Hospital problems...!!! From IPX to TCP/IP

Postby Microft » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:56 am

Hi there...!!!!

I heard from many places, that you can use GTI to theme hospital.....!!!!
I mean, so you can play IPX netgame on TCP/IP

My problem is, that I cant make it work....
I know, that I'm doing something wrong, but I cant find the problem...!!!!

If there is anyone, who can help, then please help....!!!!

I'm Using winXP, and my network is TCP/IP....

Just as you all know, every time, I trie to use gti many times, but theme hospital say, (there is no ipx network) :(

I'm using a server, which configured like a router via switch...

I have also tried, to use the configurations from the readme.txt from GTI...

I know, I have overlook something, but I can't see, what it is....?

I'm using GIT 0.99 BETA 4, and Winpcap 3.0....

Please Help...
Microft

Postby DreyMIX » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:05 pm

same problem! help please!
DreyMIX

Postby Ark » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:20 pm

I'm not really sure from what you said, but you absolutely need to install IPX for the game to use IPX. If you only have TCP/IP installed, GIT isn't going to magically make games have access to an IPX network stack if it doesn't exist.
GIT works by sniffing existing network packets and tunneling them over the internet. The packets still have to have a normal way of reaching your network to be sniffed to begin with.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby ismailra » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:20 am

Hi

I've managed to get the lan game working. I'm running Windows XP SP2. I have a Linksys WRT54G router running DD-WRT. My notebook is connected over Wifi and my desktop over Ethernet. Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections. Open the properties for each network connection. Open the IPX properties dialog and set the IPX Frame Type to Ethernet II and the Network number to 00000001. If IPX is not in the list, then install it (Install -> Protocol -> NWLink IPX). You have to restart Windows for this change to take effect. In Theme Hospital use the DPlayIPX multiplayer option. One of the players must create a session. This session should immediately show up on the other players' screens. The host (player who created the session) can choose a scenario and start the game.

I haven't played over the internet, but I'm guessing it should work with GIT and these settings.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy!
ismailra

Return to GIT