How to play theme hospital with GIT

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

How to play theme hospital with GIT

Postby kevin135 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:31 am

Have anyone ever played theme hospital with GIT sucessfully?
Or, if anyone could tell me how to set up GIT to play theme hospital with ipx?

I really wanted to play theme hospital with my frds.....
kevin135

Postby karma » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:39 pm

i've never played TH but i've played a few IPX games. 2 player is simple... i'm assuming you're playing TH for Windows with 3+ players. you'll want to set all GIT config 'forward which IPX sockets' to "0000-ffff : All sockets." that is a safe bet, for one, since i don't know the exact ipx socket that TH uses, and it's generally safe to do unless you or your friends have tons of ipx traffic.

then, of course, forward necessary udp ports in all routers, and put into every GIT the IP address(es) and ports. there are topics in this forum about how to set up 3+ player network. it requires some coordination.

also - set up GIT advanced config for IPX. topics exist on that as well.

good luck

Postby ismailra » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:15 am

Hi

I've managed to get the lan game working. I'm running Windows XP SP2. I have a Linksys WRT54G router running DD-WRT. My notebook is connected over Wifi and my desktop over Ethernet. Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections. Open the properties for each network connection. Open the IPX properties dialog and set the IPX Frame Type to Ethernet II and the Network number to 00000001. If IPX is not in the list, then install it (Install -> Protocol -> NWLink IPX). You have to restart Windows for this change to take effect. In Theme Hospital use the DPlayIPX multiplayer option. One of the players must create a session. This session should immediately show up on the other players' screens. The host (player who created the session) can choose a scenario and start the game.

I haven't played over the internet, but I'm guessing it should work with GIT and these settings.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy!
ismailra

Return to GIT