Theme hospital and GIT

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Theme hospital and GIT

Postby BenTiC » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank you guys for reading this :D and even more if you try to help me :D.

I want to play theme hospital which only supports IPX networkplay.
I got GIT to work (i solved the "starting up" freeze), i installed the IPX protocol on both PC's (win xp), i setted PC A to forward all sockets and all ports to PC B and at PC B i setted to forward all sockiets and all ports to PC B .

I tried to turn settings on/off etc but nothing helps, i still get the "no ipx network found", i also tried with dxdiag to test the dxplay using the IPX protocol but that doesnt work... i also tried to capture IPX frames and analyse it with ethereal but i doesnt makes much sense to me.

Im using a router, where i turned off the firewall so the firewall shouldnt be a problem, i turned all firewalls off at both PC's... my router is a wireless/ethernet belkin router. I think it only supports TCP/IP but since GIT tunnels it, it should get to the other side right?

anyone can help me? I consider myselves a power user but this is a bridge to far ... and yes i searched the forum and found several things but still doenst work :s
BenTiC

Postby BenTiC » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:59 pm

nvm, i got it working using serial port simulation instead of IPX tunneling... serial port emulation = 20 min work, IPX tunneling... well i didnt got it working so guys if you can choose between serial port or ipx play...
BenTiC

how?

Postby hashfunction » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:38 pm

Out of curiosity, how did you fix the starting up freeze problem? Thanks in advance!
hashfunction

Postby BenTiC » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:20 pm

well they all answer "search the forum" but it isnt very clear where to find it, or the descriptions only sideways match the "freeze" problem.

For me it worked to deinstall winpcap 3.1, reboot and install the winpcap 3.0 in the GIT installer, GIT doesnt work with 3.1 or higher apperantly...

allthough i got Theme hospital working throuigh lan it doenst work on the internet, problem of multiple routers and firewalls between the pc'si guess
BenTiC

Postby ismailra » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:11 am

Hi

I've managed to get this working. I'm running Windows XP SP2. I have a Linksys WRT54G router running DD-WRT. My notebook is connected over Wifi and my desktop over Ethernet. Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections. Open the properties for each network connection. Open the IPX properties dialog and set the IPX Frame Type to Ethernet II and the Network number to 00000001. If IPX is not in the list, then install it (Install -> Protocol -> NWLink IPX). You have to restart Windows for this change to take effect. In Theme Hospital use the DPlayIPX multiplayer option. One of the players must create a session. This session should immediately show up on the other players' screens. The host (player who created the session) can choose a scenario and start the game.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy!
ismailra

Return to GIT