Different subnets

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Different subnets

Postby Bootch » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm

Hello,

a friend and I are on two different subnets of our school network, and we tried to use GIT be able to play LAN games (we tried War3 and NFS Most wanted).
We have LAN (172.20.48.xxx and 172.20.56.yyy) and internet through VPN ips (but can't use internet ones internally).

We tried a lot of different settings but the best we could do was to see a NFSMW server but couldn't join it, and no result at all with War3.

We could see the NSFMW server with server on tcp listen and client on tcp connect or udp, but it wouldn't work for War3 (even with the wizard settings).

Here's the settings we used with NFSMW :

Host :

Client :

Both :

I doubt the problem is in our settings in "Configuration", but we don't really know what to do in "Advanced configuration" to make it work, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bootch

Postby karma » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 pm

Your connect settings are good, except one thing. In advanced config, checkmark the 802.2 box. That may help you.

--rob

Postby Ark » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:09 pm

802.2 is more or less only used for IPX packets, not IPv4 packets, althought it doesn't have to be, I've never seen Windows send otherwise for IPv4.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT