more dots

Got a great idea for a new feature for Morpheus? Post it here!

more dots

Postby thor59_draggon9z » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:32 pm

:idea: A great feature for the next version would be a considerable increase in the number of dots U can use in order to make a smoother thransition from one picture to another.
:arrow:
256 dots are ok 4 a normal photo, but when I want 2 morph smth that has quite a few details 256 dots are not enough - I have 2 go back and see what dots I can relocate.
:arrow:
if you could double the amount of dots (500)- would B perfect, or at least go up to 350 - 400 dots :idea:
thor59_draggon9z

Postby Ark » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:33 pm

The next release has no limit at all on the number of dots, but really, if you are using 256 or more dots, I'm not sure you are taking the best approach to the morph.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby thor59_draggon9z » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:54 pm

no limitation on the nr of dots - that is just PERfect. I can't wait 4 the new version :D :D :D

as an example when I use around or more than 256 dots: take a rose bouquet as pic 1 and another bouquet differently arranged; roses are very detailed with numerous petals - so it is a reality the fact that I can ran out of dots.

you said that I "might not take the best approach 2 a morph"; If U have any hints on how I could do it with less dot ussage - PLS tell me
thor59_draggon9z

Postby Ark » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:01 pm

Well if you really want that much detail, you can go ahead and use that many dots. The next release also features a line tool to manually connect dots which may cut down on the number you need.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby thor59_draggon9z » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:06 pm

very helpfull indeed. thx very much man. ( no need 2 reply 2 this one)
thor59_draggon9z

Postby klf » Wed May 03, 2006 4:20 pm

I think it would be great if you could click a dot into one photo and then click the target dot into the second photo. So instead of putting a dot in the start pic and then moving the matching dot in the finish pic, you would just click back and forth between the two pics. If you were morphing a face for example you would click an eye in start pic and then click the eye in the finnish pic to place the matching dot. No more dragging dots around at all, just click start, click finish, back and forth.
klf

Postby Ark » Wed May 03, 2006 8:17 pm

I don't think that would work, because of first, it is a lot of back-and-forth movement between the two picture windows, which might get annoying to move the mouse back and forth the entire width of the screen. Second, it would be easy to get yourself "out of sync" by clicking twice in one picture. Also, cases where you have a series of morphs linked together, would require you to click on each of the pictures (many more than two) and you wouldn't always want to have 10+ pictures showing all at once to cycle clicking through.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests