Smart Dot Adding

Got a great idea for a new feature for Morpheus? Post it here!

Smart Dot Adding

Postby pwiscombe » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:34 am

Most times, the two items you are morphing (most commonly faces) are not exactly the same size nor in the same position withing the picture.

I am constantly placing a dot, finding the partner, moving the partner, placing a dot, finding the partner, moving the partner. If you use the alt-click method of adding dots, it is even harder to find the partner, especially if the partners of the dot's you are adding happen to fall on top of existing dots.

I can envision a smart dot placing option that would use the following rule: When a dot is placed in one picture, the software would compare where it is in relationship to the other dots that have been already placed, and place the partner accordingly. For example, if the new blue dot is halfway between the red and green, the partner would also be placed halfway between the red and the green.

You would still have to go back and fine tune the placement of the parters, but they would probably be generally in the right place instead of simply being in the same pixel position as the original.

Just a suggestion.
pwiscombe

Re: Smart Dot Adding

Postby Unca_Lar » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:33 am

Ark: I agree. I like this suggestion as well. Even a toggle button at the top to turn it on and off would be very convenient. Hope this can be done. Thanks!
Unca_Lar

Postby Ark » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:56 am

Perhaps at some point this feature could be added, but it likely won't be for the next major release.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests