MAPI

Optimize your Photos for email and use on the web

MAPI

Postby sharon » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:38 pm

When I click on "email picture" in the Morpheus Compressor program an error message immediately comes up saying "MAPI not installed!", but when I did a search in my computer, there are many MAPI files. How come I can't email a compressed picture?
sharon

Postby Ark » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:16 pm

Simply having files with MAPI in the name on your computer does not mean they are installed or being used by Windows. You must configure your email program via Control Panel / Internet Options and you must use a program that supports MAPI. The MAPI error you see is specifically because Windows cannot locate MAPI32.DLL, which is the main MAPI wrapper DLL. Morpheus asks Windows to load this file, as is the normal method of using system DLLs, and it is Windows that is failing to find it. MAPI is an optional componant and can be affected by your Windows settings as well as inactive email programs you may have installed. MAPI will of course, not work with webmail, as webmail is not a program running on your computer which other programs can interact with.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to Morpheus Photo Compressor v3.00