Independant Layer Morphs

Got a great idea for a new feature for Morpheus? Post it here!

Independant Layer Morphs

Postby PixelGrinder » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:04 am

Sorry but I posted it as a reply in my previous post and didnt get an answer so here it is in a "new topic"

Ok
Your answer clarified a few things, including, the "real" question I wanted to ask

What I meant was, will you be able to implement a way to morph layers independantly "in the same morph"

Like several layers, morphing in their own way on top of each other "at the same time" "in the same document while using Photoshop style layer blending modes and masking techniques

I know I'm pushing the envelope, but, thats how the greatest ideas see the light of day

I aint talking outta my ass or anything
Just think about it and talk it over with your research and development team

We're talking high end special FX stuff here, without the need for tedious 3D stuff, I mean think about using a software like I describe on movies, or Tim Burton style stop motion productions

You'll see a twinkle in some ppl's eyes, if they get it

If you ppl can implement this in your software....You'll be years ahead of the competition

Believe me
PixelGrinder

Postby Ark » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:57 pm

This is noted for the future but we can't make any guarantees.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby genebuster » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:02 am

There is a way of doing this now, but you will need to use several programs:

Do the masking and so on in Photoshop.
Do the morphing of the bits you want in PhotoMorph
Use the layers/masking/editiing and rendering facility in Proshow Producer.

Long-winded, but very controllable.
genebuster

Postby PixelGrinder » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:37 pm

Thank you for the reply

I have found the powerhouse to do it all and more, Its called Adobe After Effects CS3 :)
PixelGrinder

Postby genebuster » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:34 am

Thanks for that - I had a look at After Effects. Is there anything it can't do? !!

Out of curiosity, is it possible to configure the visual effects settings to achieve morphs as simply and quickly as Photo Morph? Also, depending on what your final product is aimed at, Proshow gives the easiest interface for slide/sound synch and so on. Admittedly it is limited and the "quality" of its output is not good, but for what it is designed for, it gives good value.
genebuster

Return to Feature Requests