Morpheus 3.0 pro freezes

Make sure to search and see if your bug has already been posted

Morpheus 3.0 pro freezes

Postby dscott1108 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:59 pm

When I go to (add picture) Morpheus freezes when I open a file. I have to alt+ctrl+del to escape. Couldn't find any threads about this. I just purchased this program last evening. I uninstalled and reinstalled and am having same problem. [ I was able to put pictures in a folder and minimize to tray then open Morpheus and then open said folder and drag pictures to the 2 picture windows and complete Morph, but when I click the (add picture) button to add additional pictures to the Morph sequence it Freezes after opening default folder (My Documents). Help Please.
Doug
dscott1108

Postby Ark » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:26 pm

Does it freeze on any particular picture, all pictures, or do you not even get to see the Open File dialog box which should appear? Does the Open dialog appear fine when you use File/Open Layout ?
What OS and theme are you using?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby dscott1108 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Ark,
My System- AMD2500+ 1.5 Gig Ram WinXP Pro Default Themes
Here is sequence to Freeze. I open MORPHEUS- It opens to MORPHEUS PHOTO MORPHER window. I then click LOAD PICTURE button to the left of (%) button. The OPEN window appears. At this window I choose the Folder that contains the Picture to be opened, I choose the picture then click the OPEN tab (or double click the picture) This is where it Freeses.
In PREFERENCES under the EDIT button I have:
Show on Startup (New Layout)
Create New Layout (Blank Morph)
Beginner Mode Menus (Checked)
Hide Upgradable Menu Options (Unchecked)

I have tried several different Folders-Pictures--------same problem .

Doug
dscott1108

Postby Ark » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Are you able to load the sample morphs which come with the program?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby dscott1108 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:01 pm

Yes, using the Layout Wizard and selecting- Load a sample layout included with the program- it will morph pictures but when I try to add a third picture to morph it defaults to My Documents and from there freezes.
I am able to drag and drop pictures into the Sample Picture folder and get two pictues to morph. I'm sure there is just a conflict with another program on my computer, as I am able to get the program to run on my Laptop. When I started this thead I thought perhaps other people had experienced same problem and would have a quick answer as to what program might be the conflicting one. Doug
dscott1108

Postby Ark » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:36 am

I'm still not clear on what freezes and doesn't. If you load a sample morph directly from the .aml file, it works fine and loads both pictures, but if you start a new layout, and then click Load Picture, and go to C:\Program Files\Morpheus Photo Morpher\Samples and select the exact same picture which is in one of the sample .aml files, it would then freeze when you press the Open button from the Open file dialog window? What about if you use the Wizard and use the the Load Picture buttons on the 2nd screen after picking "Create a new morph layout" from the first screen, vs just starting a blank layout and using the Load Picture button on the toolbar just to the left of the Zoom dropdown?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby dscott1108 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:52 pm

I can load a saved .aml file as long as I can get to the Morpheus Sample folder. The only way to get a .aml file or a picture to load without freezing is through the Sample folder. Is there a way to change Morpheus to default to Sample folder instead of MY Documents when I click LOAD PICTURES? Trying to open any folder other than SAMPLE folder freezes program. I copied and pasted SAMPLE folder into My Documents, it still freezes when trying to open a picture. Same thing when I pasted SAMPLE folder to Desktop. If there is a way to get SAMPLE folder to be the default folder I can put the pictures I want Morph into the SAMPLE folder prior to starting a New Layout. Although this does not fix problemit will be a work around. Doug
dscott1108

Postby Ark » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:18 pm

I'm sorry to say this, but you really aren't making it clear for us where the problem is happening. I keep getting different ideas about where is it freezing and we need to narrow this down. If you can post more details about what freezes and doesn't, it would help us determine if a work-around can be created or if the problem is even inside of Morpheus.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports