Morpheus hanging up my computer

Make sure to search and see if your bug has already been posted

Morpheus hanging up my computer

Postby Rich » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:32 am

For about a month Ive had a problem with windows XP SP1 & 2 rebooting itself. I know many things can cause this and Ive gone thru a painstaking trial and error finding out the cause. It turns out Morpheous 1.85 pro is the cause. Windows is hanging up on the software. Ive installed and uninstalled several times and there is no doubt.

I have a dual Xeon systen running SP2. Has this been reported before?
Rich

Postby Ark » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:50 am

No, it has not been reported. How exactly do you know Windows is hanging on Morpheus? What specifically happens?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Rich » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:49 pm

Windows wont shut down. It just continues in a reboot cycle. Ive loaded and unloaded Morpheous about 5 times to confirm it. I even sent my system back to my integrator who couldnt find the reason.

So I painstakingly did a rebuild of windows loading prgrams a few at a time and then shutting off the system, "took me weeks". On the bright side I now know whats doing it, on the bad side I have a useless $50 program.
Rich

Postby Ark » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:09 pm

Are you sure it is not simply corrupt OLE or VBRUN windows system files, which Morpheus needs to run? Nobody else has reported any such error, and Morpheus has been tested on default installations of all versions of Windows from 95 to XP without issue.
Morpheus does not load on startup and does not run at all until you launch the program exe. Make sure you try redownloading the installer from our website so that you have the latest version, and to ensure that if you have saved a copy of the installer, that copy is not infected with a virus for example.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Rich » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:52 pm

I think I need to retract my statement. I "think" I ID'ed the problem as a bad 1394b card and not the software. Im going to load morpheous tomorrow and see how it goes. What threw me is while windows rebooted I was able to shut down in safe mode. Which indicates a software problem. Repeated installs/uninstalls of morpheous appeared to be the cause, however, hardware problems can also be random.

Im now 90% sure its the hardware. I'll post again my results when I load the program again...............thanx
Rich

Return to Bug Reports