Render Timeline to .AVI no longer working

Make sure to search and see if your bug has already been posted

Render Timeline to .AVI no longer working

Postby blackmoth » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Have been using Morpheus for the past few years with no problem.
Even a few weeks ago, I could render to the uncompressed .avi and everything was fine.

However now when I render to uncompressed .avi it creates an all black or unplayable file in Quicktime that also doesn't play in VLC or any other format.
I haven't changed any of the settings but I am on OSX 10.5.8

Rendering to an uncompressed format in .mov is also glitching out? In general I don't use the .mov options because the compression is always a bit worse, even when using the animation codec or supposedly "uncompressed" (which still seems to set the quality at medium and isn't changeable).

Basically I live on the uncompressed .avi and I need it to work again!
blackmoth

Re: Render Timeline to .AVI no longer working

Postby Ark » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 am

Nothing in the program has changed, so what has changed with your morph layout or other options?

Sometimes it helps certain players if your animation is set to a size interval of 4 or 16 pixels in the Timeline Options window.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby blackmoth » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:34 pm

The size is set at 720x480 which is what I always use when I render out with no problems.

The only things I remember experimenting with were render speed, framerate, and render direction.
However I've put render speed back to 1, framerate back to 15fps, and render direction to "forward", all the defaults....
It renders the avi but the file is now unplayable on my computer, glitchy on the computer of others, and it seems old .avi's that I rendered before are all of a sudden unplayable too.

This leads me to believe it might be an OSX security upgrade causing the problems?
blackmoth

Postby blackmoth » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Also, I just updated all my codecs. The uncompressed .avis will now play in VLC but still not quicktime which is what I use to export them for web and phone.

Could you explain more about the default .avi codec used in Morpheus?
blackmoth

Postby Ark » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 am

The uncompressed AVI basically uses the "bitmap" format, or no codec at all. Raw RGB data is written to the AVI, and each frame is indexed at the end of the file.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports