Installation Error

Make sure to search and see if your bug has already been posted

Installation Error

Postby user88 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 am

The program version 3.15 has never been installed on the machine. Upon installing an error code prevents it from running the installer. The code is " Setup has detected that Morpheus Photo Morpher is currently Running. Please close all instances of it now, then click OK to continue, or cancel to exit."

How can i close the program if it isnt installed?

When i was dealing with this issue a few months ago, i was able to work around it by going into taskmanager and i found morpheus running from just the installer, i was able to kill the process and then i could install the program. Now it seems to not even allowing me to do it this way. Any thoughts to fix this?
user88

Postby Ark » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:43 am

This can occur if you create a folder with the name exactly the same as the program's name: "Morpheus Photo Morpher" and then leave open that folder while installing the software.
The installer looks for an open window with the title of the software, and Microsoft Window's Explorer just so happens to create a window with the exact same name when the folder window is open. It is actually explorer.exe running with the title "Morpheus Photo Morpher" and the installer (InnoSetup) does not differentiate between the windows.
Just close the folder window and the installation can continue.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby user88 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks, that was the fix. I had a network share that was named the same and was open during the install.

Ark wrote:This can occur if you create a folder with the name exactly the same as the program's name: "Morpheus Photo Morpher" and then leave open that folder while installing the software.
The installer looks for an open window with the title of the software, and Microsoft Window's Explorer just so happens to create a window with the exact same name when the folder window is open. It is actually explorer.exe running with the title "Morpheus Photo Morpher" and the installer (InnoSetup) does not differentiate between the windows.
Just close the folder window and the installation can continue.
user88

Return to Bug Reports