The application Morpheus quit unexpectedly

Make sure to search and see if your bug has already been posted

The application Morpheus quit unexpectedly

Postby Doc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:58 pm

I have just installed the program on an Apple G4 computer that is not connected to the Internet. It crashes almost immediately when I open it. I was advised to check the disable box but I can't even get that far. When i open the program, that box is grayed out and I can't get far enough into the program to access that box. I was hoping to use it as part of a presentation for N.E.C.C. in June but not the way it is not performing right now.
Doc

Postby Ark » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 pm

If you are using a G4, please make sure you have OS X 10.3.9 or higher, and also make sure you install v3.01 from our website as v3.00 does not work as well on PPC Macs.

If you are not online, you will need to disable the check for new updates under the Help menu inside the program, then close the program and restart it. Otherwise, OS X may crash the program when it cannot reach the internet to do the check.
Ark
Site Admin

Morpheous Is not working

Postby Doc » Fri May 01, 2009 7:30 am

Thank you so-o-o-o-o much for taking the time to respond to my quandry - especialy so quickly. I am currently running version 3.0.4083 of the program. My initial dilemna is that when I open the program, it quits before I can get far enough into it to even attempt activating the help menu - and the accompanying box to check. I must be doing something wrong but when I open up the program, the help options are grayed out so I proceed to go through the process of adding pictures, hoping that I will then be able to use those menus but I never get there. The program quits prior to my getting to that point. The main reason that I am even continuing to experiment with the program is to, hopefully, generate a student produced social studies project for use in a presentation I am giving at a conference in June. I can certainly get away without it but it would definitely enhance the presentation. Thanks again.
Doc

Postby Ark » Fri May 01, 2009 12:06 pm

You will need to be connected to the internet to activate. After that, an internet connection is not required, but it is recommended that you disable the check for new updates if you are not online. You can uncheck the option to show the wizard that appears when the program starts. Then cancel out of the wizard and close the program to save that setting as well.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports