AdAware says Morpheus is a SEVERE threat to my system

Make sure to search and see if your bug has already been posted

AdAware says Morpheus is a SEVERE threat to my system

Postby Pat Clark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:15 am

Every time I run Adaware it shows that Morpheus is a severe threat to the stability to my system. Have you ever heard about this?[/b]
Pat Clark

Postby Ark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:37 am

That would obviously be wrong, unless you are talking about a different program using our name. Either way, there is nothing we can do other than recommend to not use broken detection software, and to contact the authors of Adaware about the problem, since they are the only ones who can change that.
Ark
Site Admin

Adware

Postby Pat Clark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:07 pm

I am afraid I didn't put in the right name of the program. Instead of Adware it is NoAdware 5.0 . They call Morpheus, "Downloadware" and I have never heard that term. I am ignoring it and I definitely will contact them. Thank you very much
Pat Clark

Postby emmrecs » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:46 am

Pat Clark,

You may like to look at this web page: http://www.adwarereport.com/mt/archives/000023.html

It seems you may have an "interesting" program on your computer. A quick Google search will show other pages of information.
emmrecs

Adware

Postby Pat Clark » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Live and learn I guess. It is so hard to know what to install for adware. I went ahead and deleted the AdAware and will use something else. Thanks for the info., I found it most interesting and I appreciate it.
Pat Clark

Return to Bug Reports