Morpheus Crashes on the MacBook Pro

Make sure to search and see if your bug has already been posted

Morpheus Crashes on the MacBook Pro

Postby Jim F. » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:00 am

I cannot get the Photo Animation Suite to work on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.4.10). It worked for a day or so, then started crashing everytime I attempted to manipulate anything. I deleted every Morpheus file I could find and reinstalled the software; again it worked for a day, but then the program crashed everytime I opened it. I tried to avoid changing things after they were once built, thinking that that might be causing problems for the program, but once the program began crashing nothing seemed to
work.

I cannot use it on my G5, since I need the avi file for my applications and that is color-corrupted. Now I can't use it on my MacBook Pro, because of constant crashes.

Is there someone that I can email a crash report to that could help me determine what is wrong? Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem may be?
Jim F.

Photo Animation Suite problem on MacBook OSX 10.4.1

Postby Lyonstech » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:44 am

I still cannot run the software on my new MACBOOK laptop. When the application is opened it closes within 45 seconds. No one has yet come up with a solution. Your help site has many other customers complaining about the same thing with no suggestions on how to fix the problem. Please advise. Going to your web site has not been beneficial for me.

John G.
Lyonstech

Postby Ark » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 am

Try checking the option to disable checks for upgrades under the Help menu, then immediately close the program and reopen it.
Ark
Site Admin

Photo Animation Suite 3.01 didn't run on MacBook Pro Leopard

Postby bippy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:24 am

Hi folks,

First time posting 2-25-2008. I have Morpheus Photo Animation Suite 3.01 running perfectly on a Mac G4 iBook running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.11).
It runs fine there. But I did get crashes or "program unexpectedly quit" messages on my new MacBook Pro running latest Leopard 10.5.2. I did the "disable automatic upgrade checks" suggestion in the help menu. So far now the program works. And I don't know why that update change has any bearing on main application operation. If your company is working on an update for MacBook Pro and Leopard, I know a lot of people will be grateful. Thank you. David in Rochester, NY
bippy

Postby Ark » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:16 pm

It has nothing to do with 10.4 vs 10.5 but everything to do with if you are online or offline(or firewalled, behind a proxy, etc). The automatic upgrade check will begin when you launch the program, and after a few minutes, if you are offline, OS X crashes the program instead of receiving the timeout message. If you are online with unrestricted internet access, the program will operate just fine with the upgrade check in place. You can verify this by running the upgrade check manually from the help menu and waiting for a message to appear stating there is currently no upgrade available.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby bippy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:13 pm

[quote="Ark"] "It has nothing to do with 10.4 vs 10.5... The automatic upgrade check will begin when you launch the program, and after a few minutes, if you are offline, OS X crashes the program instead of receiving the timeout message."
Hi Ark... Thanks for letting us know some of the details. Cool to know. I'm not an I.T. guy. Just a dedicated artist type. We need people like you to keep things going. Appreciate your help and advice. I'll look into the other posts and suggestions to make the program work the best it can. - David in Rochester NY.
bippy

Return to Bug Reports