New Forum

A place for professionals to show off their more serious animations and pictures.

New Forum

Postby Dr Robert » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:26 am

All I seem to see is morphs used as entertainment. With software sections given a name like "Industrial", I would expect more "Professional" applications.

So, how about an user area for showing and describing real applications?

I used Morpheus yesterday on my webpage for showing a CAD drawing changing to a real object. I took several Satellite dish azimuth drive images produced by a 3D CAD software system called "Alibre" and morphed the final image with the actual hardware used. The resulting *.gif is located on my webpage
at http://www.ultimatecharger.com/dish.html

Other obvious application areas are sales, and engineering support.

I am going to show how an original object relates to the modified version by morphing the "before" image into the the "after" image. In this case the "before" object is a polar mounted satelllite dish and the "after" object will be a Alt-Az mounting of the same dish.
If done carefully, the areas not needing engineering effort should stay static and the areas requiring significant effort will standout as they change.

Dr Robert
Dr Robert

Postby Ark » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:15 am

Sure, we can try a new forums for people to showcase their Professional uses of Morpheus. I would be interested to see more of the non-entertainment uses and concepts people have for Morpheus.
Ark
Site Admin

new forum

Postby edwind » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 am

Why doen't your link go to a page with the morph on? It's just an advert for electrical gear.
edwind

Re: new forum

Postby emmrecs » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 am

edwind wrote:Why doen't your link go to a page with the morph on? It's just an advert for electrical gear.

Perhaps because the original post is dated 2006?
emmrecs

Return to Professional Showcase