I'm unable to load Mov or Avi files

For topics specific to the Morpheus for OS X versions.

I'm unable to load Mov or Avi files

Postby danwan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:52 am

I have the pro version but I'm unable to load movie files I get this error message:

FAILE TO LOAD THE PICTURE: /USER/TEST/DESKTOP/TES.MOV

REASON: Loading Movie files is not supported in this version of Morpheus

I have the Professional Version for the MAC. As suggested (not about this particulor issue) I unchecked the "look for upgrades" closed and reopened. Nothing. Rebooted the whole system and I still get the same error.

Why?
danwan

Postby Ark » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Loading movies as input pictures requires the Industrial edition. As of v3.01 for OS X, these features have not been sufficiently QAed for us to sell the Industrial edition. I hope that with the next release, the Industrial edition will be available as well.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby danwan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 pm

In Your tutorial you never mention the INDUSTRIAL suite as the only package to work with movie files:
You simply say some features are not available in the trial mode but you do not specify more

HERE from your tutorial

21. Input Movie Options

The Input Movie Options window, found under the Picture menu, is only used when using a movie instead of a still picture as the source picture. Here you can set either the start time or the end time of the movie. Morpheus Photo Animation Suite Mac will never change the speed at which input movies are "played" as they morph so if the input movie has a different frame rate than your morph has set in the Timeline Options window, frames from the input movie will either be skipped or duplicated to keep it in sync.

The track bar where you can adjust the input movie's start or end time represents the entire length of the movie file. The blue area shown inside the track bar represents the portion of the movie used in the morph. If the blue area goes off either end of the track bar, then either the first or last frame of the input movie will be repeated as a still frame as needed. If the duration of the morph is longer than the duration of the input movie file, then it will be unavoidable to repeat the frame from one end of the input movie. It is recommended to use an input movie file which is at least equal to the length of the morph.

However this option is not available in the Professional version, nor it is clearly stated in the comparison chart you offer in your web page at:
http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... ompare.php

where there seems to be no differences betweem the professional and the industrial versions

Are you saying the MOVIES do not work as Input files?
If this is the case why I find it in the tutorial?
I bought this application also for this this realson
danwan

Postby Ark » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:46 pm

You mean the help files, not the tutorial, but either way, all of the help documentation is more or less the same (except for the pictures) between the Windows version and the Mac OS X version of the programs. Also, the help, faq, and tutorial are the same regardless of purchase or not, and regardless of edition (standard, professional, or industrial).
The feature exists inside the program, but is not available because it is not reliable as of v3.01. Focus was made on getting the standard and professional editions working first. Hopefully, the next release of the Mac version will feature the Industrial edition and all features associated with that.
You can get a better idea of the Industrial features from the Windows comparison chart at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... ompare.php
Although, WMV files may not be supported because movie loading routines would use Quicktime instead of Microsoft DirectShow.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to Mac Morpheus