Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars

Postby hashfunction » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Anybody got tiberium wars working? If any1 wants to try it, let me know and we can try and get it to work ... Thanks
hashfunction

Postby jpharv101 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:36 pm

I'm going to attempt to try. Have you gotten it to work? Still want someone to test with?
jpharv101

Postby d0t-bat » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 am

Download git @ http://www.morpheussoftware.net/git/Git-099b4.exe
Download latest winpcap @ http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_4_0_1.exe
Install Git first. Don’t install winpcap 3.0 in the final steps of the installer.
Install winpcap. Restart windows

Right click the GIT icon after you have started GIT ( )

Type in the host or IP.
Port number starts at 213, usera gets 213, userb gets 214 and so forth (Note: Organise who will be who before hand! ( i think, further testing is required :P)
Choose “TCP CONNECTâ€
d0t-bat

Postby apreichner » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:33 pm

You will need to setup your firewall/port forwarding on your router to forward connections on TCP port 213,214,215,etc depending which one you have pre-selected, from external internet ip to internal ip of the PC you are running GIT on.

I'm a little confused about what he means by the statement. More specifically the part where he says from external internet ip to interneal ip of the PC you are running GIT on.

I don't want to sound stupid, but do you have to run GIT on all computers who want to join the game? If anyone can help rephrase it I would appreciated it. Thanks!
apreichner

Postby karma » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:26 am

What you must do is:
- Allow your PC to receive the git connections

Assuming you are not using the "tcp connect" method, you must open the GIT port in your router, if you are using one. If you are using TCP Connect, only the TCP HOST must forward the port if he is using a router... hmm.

Tell us about your internet setup - are you indeed using a NAT router?
or are you plugged directly into a cablemodem?

How many people are you playing with? you may have to set up multiple ports for everyone to have proper game play.

So, if you have a router, get the instruction manual out and look up "virtual server" or "port forwarding." follow those procedures, directing the specified traffic to your computer's IP address. you may have to take this a step further and assign yourself an address, whether by mac filters or going static, so dhcp changes don't jack up your forwarding rules.

Postby FirestrikerX » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:39 am

Tried your solution but got an error with TCP:

x.x.x.x:213 (tcp connect) - FAILED (could not connect to host) retrying...
disconnected at Wed Apr 16 09:34:10 2008

UDP works fine, but dunno if it works with CC3... :?

x.x.x.x:213 (udp) - UP since Wed Apr 16 09:34:13 2008

Can someone help me with this problem?
FirestrikerX

cnc3tw

Postby karma » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:33 pm

did you get the game to work?
If you want to try, I have not tried in forever, but, armed with a packet sniffer and a versatile LAN, I think it can be done. I've had tons of success in the past.

Return to GIT