Git manual

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Git manual

Postby BlueEyes » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:21 pm

Okay ppl, i'm total newb for the GIT, but all i understood reading is that it will allow me to connect to my girlfriends pc and when we start game it will help game recognize me and her under the lan multiplayer like we're in normal lan,and not lan that's tunelled over internet...

now is anyone here that can write total newbie friendly tutorial that will be made sticky once and for all so that anyone later is able to set up this to work right... i mean what's the use of it,if it's not user friendly and noone can really set it up easlly...

first of all do i need to have the VPN thing to be able to use this GIP... that's what's bugging me...

we're trying to start up online game called Diplomacy, maybe that will help someone...

she's behind router (linksys , 4-port cable/dsl router, model NR041) and she has win xp same as me , only she has sp2 and i don't... we use bit defender internet security package that as i see isn't bothering the gip...
i'm conected trough adsl (pppoe) .....

i know nothing how to set it up, i installed it, i see it's working , i messed with it, and we made the tcp ip port listener and one that will connect, we used the wizzard, hell we tryed it all...

can someone write manual about how this should be set up... it doesn't need to be manual for our case, just one comprehensive manual how it should be generally set up for any game, what do we look, how,and where do we set up router forwarding and all the stuff you said...

If someone will make the tutorial, i'll deposit some cash over pay pal to his account, because this could be good not just for me, it could help everyone else after me, and i notice i'm not the only one who knows nothing how this work...

if the main programer could write the tutorial how to set it up, but in plain english for not computer freaks, please just PM, say how much you ask for it,and let's get it done once and for all.. i really like this peace of software, it's looking promissing, even though i don't know how to make it work... if admin or someone would take couple hours to write some generla tutorial i would be gratefoul, and i would gladly pay for it... i mean please ppl, it's about time someone writes what we're looking in that proggy, how we set it up, and to what pay attention, and what about thoose routers and forwarding since it's not explained anywhere...and what about thoose VPN's and do they play any role in this at all ... thanks in advance, i just hope someone will reply to this post
BlueEyes

Return to GIT