Git works for everything, exept Warcraft 3.....

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Git works for everything, exept Warcraft 3.....

Postby thunderwing » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:17 am

my original intention was to play warcraft 3 over git but gave up and played others. every game i tried worked without a hitch, starcraft, rune, ut2k4 but not warcraft 3

you can see the other persons game but once you click on it, it waits about 20 secounds then says unable to join specified game, pleas select another.

i've folowed every tutorial there is on Warcraft 3 on this page and still to no avail.

thx for the help
thunderwing

Postby sumeetkpatel » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:12 pm

I'm not sure but starcraft etc are very IPX'y, and WC3 is very TCP/UDP'y, ensure that you are forwarding TCP/UDP properly and are able to ping eachother through command prompt. I've used OpenVPN and warcraft tft works beaut.. but GIT is so much better and should provide the same if not better service. so keep trying.
sumeetkpatel

Postby thunderwing » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:53 am

i would love to use open vpn fot gaming, i'm figuring out this vpn thing because i have friends going away to university and we want to keep gaming, they won't be able to forward ports there, could u explain how to configure open vpn for that, it would be apreciated thx
thunderwing

Postby karma » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:40 am

since you are using tcp/udp, you may find yourself needing to change your network to match your friend's. have your friend do an ipconfig/all, give you his ip and subnet mask, then assign yourself a compatible address. ensure there are no conflicts.

i don't know about open vpn.. but if you have the available bandwidth, you can use git in tcp mode to get around the lack of port forwarding. set yourself up as tcp listen server on a standard port such as 443 (https). forward that port on your nat, then tell your friend at university to be tcp connect, your ip, port 443. that should get through most central corporate firewalls such as at university.

for wc3, use these settings and unclick all others
git config: forward tcp/udp ports 6111-6113.
advanced config: check options eth ii, arp, zlib, tcp, udp, icmp, don't send routable, match source port.

good luck

help with open vpn setting

Postby crimsonw0lf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey, i thought i would ask you guys a question. I've tried my ass off and i cant get the right settings for war3 on vpn. Im pretty sure that for clinet all i have to do is set it to vpn mode, but as for the settings, i've failed :( Any help will be aprreciated thx
crimsonw0lf

Return to GIT