promiscuous mode???

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

promiscuous mode???

Postby KillerXtreme » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:07 am

Me and a friend are trying to set up our computers to connect threw GIT to play some games.. But when he starts up GIt he gets the no promiscuous mode error thingy... Is there a way to bypass this? or fix it?

BTW how do you set GIT up anyways? ive never messed with this sort of thing before.. and how do you get it to connect threw UDP since beeing its fastest?
KillerXtreme

Postby KillerXtreme » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:09 am

well im still not to sure about how to use this program.. but me and my friend got our computers connected... but another problem came abrupt.. we are trying to play NFSU2 threw lan because internet never worked for us... We see each others lobey but when we try to connect to it it just stays on "Connecting to lobby" I thaught it was his firewall but that didnt do anything... any help??

Ill check if I have my firewall up..

TIA
KillerXtreme

Postby KillerXtreme » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:41 pm

well nope I played with my router and firewall is off and still nothing... We tryed several games and everything the same. We can see each others server/game but cant join it...
KillerXtreme

Postby Ark » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:05 am

Promiscuous mode is how your network card can capture all the packets on the network. Without support for promiscuous mode from your network card and drivers, GIT cannot work. This is a limitation of the network card you have, and can only be solved by using a different network card. Sometimes upgrading the drivers for the NIC may help, but not usually.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT