GiT and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

GiT and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

Postby Carlos_Ed » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:04 pm

Hello all, I am having a wierd problem. It seem's I can't run GiT on my gateway machine anymore. It just freezes on the "starting up" phase. It always worked before when I had Windows XP Professional on the computer in question, after I upgraded to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition... it stopped working. The software configuration is equivalent to what I had before in XP.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help...

PS: Don't bother with sugestions like dual-boot with WinXP, reverting back or running GiT on a diferent machine, I won't even consider them.
Carlos_Ed

Postby Carlos_Ed » Sat May 21, 2005 10:27 am

Thank you all for the reply, you have all been very kind. :?

... BTW, I have solved the problem. Thanks go to everyone that helped. ## $#&# "#@#"%&%# !!!! :evil:

We will answer your post within 12 hours - much quicker than email.

This has got to be a joke!... LOL
Carlos_Ed

Postby Ark » Sat May 21, 2005 11:01 am

The freeze-on-startup problem with Winpcap has been discussed in numerous other threads already.

GIT is a free program and there is no guarantee of any support for it. There is no email support at all for GIT, and the 12 hour response only applies to Morpheus and Photo Compressor.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Carlos_Ed » Sun May 22, 2005 9:38 am

LOL...

So... that part is missing on the "12 hour slogan". I believe a lot of people think that applies to GiT as well as myself did. And, as such got a bit frustrated. I knew about the problem and read about it, but since it said it occurred only on Windows XP, I was under the impression it was a diferent situation, that perhaps only another user (or you...) could confirm if that was the case. Since my post didn't strike the attention I had hoped, I got a bit frustrated because I believed that it would be of some importance to get GiT running on Windows Server 2003...
The problem was sort of exactlly the same as in Windows XP... but there was some other crap about security permissions... Windows Server kind of stuff.
Anyway, I am a big fan of GiT... and it's kind of dificult to change that. Now that I am getting even more and more successful setups with several games. When should we expect a new version? Not that I see any serious bugs now, it just seems to deserve some minor brushups here and there. Functionalty seems all done, now all that's needed is optimizations and portabillity... AND BETTER DOCUMENTATION!... :twisted:

:arrow: You can add Windows Server 2003 Enterprise to the list of supported Operating Systems. IT WORKS! :D
Carlos_Ed

Return to GIT