Running GIT as a service

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Running GIT as a service

Postby electblu » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:38 am

Does anyone know how to run GIT as a service under Win2K?
TIA
-Scott
electblu

No response

Postby electblu » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:30 am

So I can only assume that since there were no replies that nobody knows how to do this. I am also running into a problem that the tunnel dies overnight, closing down one end for 30 seconds and bringing it back up fixes the connection, but is a hassle.... any thoughts?
TIA
electblu

Postby karma » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:38 am

are you saying that the GIT process terminates unexpectedly and can only be restarted after waiting for 30 seconds? or, is it that GIT still runs but the network connection is broken for that long?

barring computer issues on one end, the problem seems to be the latter, and that would indicate to me that it's in the network path between you and the other end.

clarification

Postby electblu » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:31 am

I am still trying to nail down exactly what is going on and when GIT is still running on both ends but data is not flowing. I shut it down on one end for about 30 seconds and bring GIT back up and things are fine. I am trying to figure out how long it takes to die.
electblu

Postby Ark » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:43 am

You might want to look in Connection Status and check the box View Known Remote Host List to see the list of MAC addresses of all non-local computers. Anything on that list will NOT be tunneled outgoing (because it means it was received from the other end of the tunnel).
If your own MAC address or MAC addresses of computers you know are on your LAN show up there, something is wrong. Maybe it could mean you have a MAC address conflict between the two LANs (such as both of your routers sharing the same MAC address for some reason)
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT