Star Wars : Republic Commando

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Star Wars : Republic Commando

Postby tummster » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:30 am

Hi, how do i go about setting up GIT for Star Wars : Republic Commando Please? I am completely lost.

Thank You.
tummster

Postby karma » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:18 pm

Hello,

According to "Yoda's Help Desk" knowledge base at LucasArts, the FAQ for your game states the following.

quote:
If you are behind a firewall/proxy, the following TCP & UDP ports may need to be opened to connect for multiplayer games:

Ports:
3658, 3659 & 6500
27900 needs to be opened so Gamespy servers can see the game.
/quote

what that means for you is...

1) Complete the GIT wizard for Generic TCP or UDP
2) remove the ports forwarded in the configuration dialog box and add these: 3658-3659, 6500. Don't add 27900 because Gamespy isn't paying attention to a game played through GIT.

Then, if you need help with this part, look through the forum sticky threads for instructions on how to configure your router/firewall port forwarding for GIT (UDP port 213).

I myself have a sneaky suspicion that the information given in the game FAQ may not be sufficient. I do not have the game, so I can't do any research... after doing all this, you still may not be able to have a LAN game, because there is the possibility that a different port is used for LAN games vs. the ports mentioned above (for direct connect multiplayer games). I have had such experience with the game Empire Earth--the ports in the documentation were for direct connect, and my research led to finding the LAN game port.

In the case that forwarding the above ports does not work, you may have to do a bit of research, such as (with GIT connected) looking at the unforwarded.log for any consistent broadcasts from your address after you launch a Lan game lobby (waiting for players to join your game). that will help you figure out which port to add to GIT to properly host a LAN game.

If I had to guess about your game, I would say the LAN port would be 3660. Complete guess... I would rather we try and phish out the port in question (if in question at all) than apply seemingly random port numbers.

If you have any problems, post the portions of your unforwarded.log pertaining to the game (the parts of the log where the time coincides with the time you hosted the Lan game lobby). I will try to help you figure it out.

Return to GIT