MS LOOPBACK and ADSL

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

MS LOOPBACK and ADSL

Postby Eclipse » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:20 pm

Hi,
i have been trying to get GIT working with ADSL connection. Previous posts suggested that i can use a loopback adapter to capture packets and forward them to another host. Well unless i am wrong, Winpcap does not list Loopback adapter at all and winpcap website also says that Loopback adapter is not supported. Has anybody got this working, Also just wanted to point out that GIT does not work with wincap 3.1. i had to remove that and get 3.0 to see adapters list. If anyone has got Loopback adapter working with GIT please let me know. Thanks.
Eclipse

Postby Ark » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:25 pm

Several posts mention that GIT v0.99 BETA works with WinpCap 3.1 Beta now. If you still have GIT 0.98, you cannot use WinpCap 3.1 yet.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Eclipse » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm

Well wont work with me, i have just downloaded fresh copy from winpcap which is 3.1 beta 4 and installed it. GIT 0.99 beta4, i can see GIT icon in task bar but it says GIT [Starting UP], and that is it. It does not respond, no errors from OS though. Well i am not really bothered that if it works with 3.1 or not coz it works with 3.0. I am only concered to make it work with loopback. Do i need to select the adapter in advanced configuration or i can just give source IP address and it should work fine. Please advise. Thank you
Eclipse

Postby Ark » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:44 pm

Please search the forum, that is a known problem regarding Winpcap 3.1 beta and you can easily work around it. There are several posts describing that exact lockup and the registry key to change to fix it.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT