NAT + non-NAT = Possible?

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

NAT + non-NAT = Possible?

Postby Shnuggel » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:08 am

First of all, thanks for a fantastic and amazing program. It has opened up endless possibilities for me and my friends.

However, I recently tried to connect to a friend without any router (unsuccessfully), and seeing as I did not see any thread on this in the forum, i thought I'd ask; Is there any way of connecting one or more NATed computers to an un-NATed?

As my friend only uses an external ip (and loses his connection when he assignes a local ip with the same subnet as mine, 192.168.0.x), is there any way of maintaining both an external ip and internal ip at the same time without any router? Or perhaps I am on the wrong track?

The required ports (213-215) do not cause any trouble, seeing as my friend is directly connected to the internet. Or am I incorrect?

I would be glad for any help.
Shnuggel

Postby Ark » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:08 am

You can connet GIT with nat->non-nat just fine. Some games such as WC3 can be set up in GIT and will work with no problems. Other games such as AoM can not work with a non-nat client if any one client is using NAT. The person without NAT can assign NAT if they set up their router, etc properly. They do not have to lose their connection, but thats not something we can help you set up properly.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Woodsielord » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:00 pm

Hello, can I ask something in this thread?
I'm having issues with a friend with non-nat too. Anyways I think we have no chances because we made starcraft to work fine, but AVP2 is not working. I'm behind a Smoothwall router, and I've got AVP2 and Starcraft to work with another friend (also behind router)
I would like to know if its possible to make GIT to work in a stand alone PC. It connects to internet via analog pci modem, so the NIC has NO ip. (media disconnected; winxp). He tryed enabling "Alter source ip (for nat)" using the localhost ip (127.0.0.1) as internal IP. I think it didn't work because the computer has no gateway and the alter source ip wont make any difference...
Any Ideas? Thanks
Woodsielord

Return to GIT