non-steam Half-Life problems with GIT

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

non-steam Half-Life problems with GIT

Postby Roberticus » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:35 am

Hello! New here

well to the point: Me and my friend are trying to get non-steam HL to work with GIT, and we have succeded in finding each other's game in LAN game. But the problem is when you try to connect to the lan server, it says
"Unable to connect, Reason: Lan servers are restricted to local clients (class C)"

and when you try through Internet games, it will try to authenticate with Won servers (which are down) and then say that your HL game is out of date.
I tried in LAN game (in console) with "sv_lan 0", but then the Won thing came again...

So, is there anyway to skip either Won authentication or the "Class C" LAN restriction?

(and please don't tell me to get Steam :wink:, Im boycotting it...)
Roberticus

Postby Ark » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:22 pm

"Unable to connect, Reason: Lan servers are restricted to local clients (class C)"

Could mean a couple different things. Basically it means you need to change your IPs because one or both of you have public routable IPs and aren't using NAT or something.

The game might be restricting you to only using a /24 LAN, in which case you must ensure that your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and you are both in the same subnet.
It may also mean that you must use a 192.168.0.X address - you can't play a LAN game with 24.1.1.1 and 24.1.1.2 because they are public IPs and the game wants to enforce non-routable IPs for LAN games, just to be more strict.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT