Solution for nfsu2!

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Solution for nfsu2!

Postby Bernd » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:16 am

(our) settings for HOST:

lan adapter: ip: 192.168.0.1
subnetzmask: 255.255.255.0
default-gateway: 192.168.0.1

for nfsu2 it is very important that there is a entry for gateway (it must be the same as the ip)!!!!!!!!!

git: "configuratin": port 213, check "be tcp listen....", forwart which tcp/udp ports: 80 and 9999

"advanced configuration": only check "ethernet II", "udp", and "dont send unicast" and "dont send routable" furthermore it is very important to check "alter source ip": here you write "from hostname": 192.168.0.1 and "to hostname": your ip from your internet provider

thats all

client 1:

lan adapter: ip: 192.168.0.2
s.mask: 255.255.255.0

"configuratin" the same as host but use "tcp connect"
"advanced configuration": same as host but whithout "alter source ip"

sorry for bad english i am from germany. hope that helps someone
Bernd

Postby Soepkip » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:49 pm

Euh, how can your default-gateway be the same as your ipaddress? That way git won't be able to contact the other side.

How did you test this? Both hosts on the same network?

Secondly nfsu2 uses port 9900 unicasts for the lobby connection, i found out the either nfsu2 is not picking the connection up or git isn't sending it correctly out. Whether it's a git bug or the way nfsu2 picks it up, i don't know. But maybe some developer wants to look into it. I have some more details, sniffer logs if needed.

Regards,
Soepkip
Soepkip

Postby Bernd » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:14 pm

bielive me it works. played with 4 people. i was the host of git and the host of nfsu2. i have no router. try it, and you will see. the ip and the gateway must only for nfsu2 the same because nfsu2 will otherwise not work on lan. i read it in several nfsu2-forums.
Bernd

Postby flightforum » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:12 pm

It now works, nearly. We reched to get the computers connected but while waiting for the lobby connect, it times out.
I do absolutely not understand this, ips, netmasks, gateways and dns servers are set correctly. We may even share files via network.
Does anyone have an idea why we cannot connect to the lobby?
Thanks,

Jorin

Es funktioniert nun, fast. We haben es geschafft die Rechner zu verbinden aber während wir auf die Verbindung zur Lobby warten, kommt es zum Timeout.
Ich kann das absolut nicht verstehen, ips netzmasken, gateways und dns server sind richtig eingestellt. Wir können sogar Dateien übers Netz hin- und her schicken.
Hat irgendjemand eine Idee wie man zur Lobby verbinden kann?
Danke,

Jorin

ps: die Antwort gerne auch auf Deutsch an jorin@flightforum.de
flightforum

Postby Bernd » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:45 pm

@ all: the "default gateway" can be empty i have testet it and it works without a "default gateway". you only need that "default gateway-thing" if you play on a real lan whithout an internet connection.

@flightforum: es ist sehr wichtig das der host von git auch der nfsu2 host ist und dieser muss als einziger bei advanced configuration "alter source ip" angehakt haben und die beiden richtigen ips reintragen. also die vom echten lan und dann die die dein internetprovider dir gibt.

@ all: the method i use only works whith 3 player (but perfect). the problem ist if there are 4 players all other dissentient crars fly and jump over the hole screen (its by far more than a "normal" lag). i dont think its a bandwidth-problem because with 3 man its all perfect. i think its a question of configuration regarding GIT. any ideas or can someone help? thanks!
Bernd

Postby Soepkip » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:45 am

[quote="Bernd"]@ all: the "default gateway" can be empty i have testet it and it works without a "default gateway". you only need that "default gateway-thing" if you play on a real lan whithout an internet connection.

That only works if you're not behind a router/firewall and use some form of (usb) modem of pptp/pppoe tunnel for dsl/cable. Otherwise it cannot work, you need a default gw for your computer to know it's way to the internet.
No offense, I (we) value your input, but not everyone has the same situation as you have.

For the connecting to the lobby problem Git transmits the 9999 udp broadcasts fine so you can see the game(s). As soon as you connect to the lobby nfsu2 uses port 9900 tcp which git (in my situation) transmits (saw that using a sniffer on both ends) but nfsu2 doesn't pick up, whether this is a bug in git or the way nfsu2 pick up new tcp sessions I leave that to the developers of git.
Soepkip

Postby flightforum » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:19 am

I just wanted to say, that in the connect window you have to choose tcp connect instead if udp, that is why it didn' t work at my computer.
Another point is that you may select all ports below git and all other ports.

jorin
flightforum

Postby bestbuy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:11 am

After looking at all these discussions related to NFSU2, I still can't get mine working.....

My computer is directly connected to the internet with a public IP, and i'm hosting the server.
but my friend's computer (which will be the client) is behind a router in an university, with a private ip 192.168.1.*

What should the settings be?
thanks a lot :)
bestbuy

Postby flightforum » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:26 am

hmm, I am afraid this won't be working. connecting to a router automatically means that the router is the dns server and gateway. But This won't work with NFSU2

Jorin
flightforum

Return to GIT