help for battle for middle-eart

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Postby Pred8or » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:29 am

when I setup a virtual network connection and set ip to 192.168.1.1
and netmask 255.255.255.0 and gateway my isp ip. Then when enable it i loose my internet connection ! why? whats wrong.. and when disabled internet works fine again
Pred8or

Postby Ark » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:48 am

Well your first problem is you probably want to leave gateway blank. DNS maybe can be blank too. If it still doesnt work, look into the Metric setting (try 2 instead of 1).
Make sure nobody else you are using GIT with has any computer on 192.168.1.1, and make sure they are using the 192.168.1.0/24 network though.
One alternative, if you have a working NIC, is to just assign the second IP directly to that, and not even need a virtual adapter. I don't know if that works well if your NIC's tcp/ip has to be set to DHCP mode though.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Costinha » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:16 am

Ark,

Could you please try this game, like you made to with AoM and post a Wizard for 0.99?

If think it will make things clear for everybody :wink:

Thanks bro,

And great software.
Costinha

Postby Ark » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:47 am

No, I don't own it and don't have any plans on buying it. Anybody else in the user community out there can make a wizard script and submit it, and I can include it with future versions though.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Pred8or » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:32 pm

Anyone got anything new on the subject how to get it work... if someone have plz post !! many gamers out there needs a solution
Pred8or

Postby Costinha » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:24 pm

Ark wrote:No, I don't own it and don't have any plans on buying it. Anybody else in the user community out there can make a wizard script and submit it, and I can include it with future versions though.

The big problems is that no one get it working only with GIT :cry: So i think it will heave no solution...

That's it guy, the only solution at the moment is GIT and VPN.

For those who had asked for a VPN for more than onde client i think Wingate VPN can make that. Colud you try it Pred8or?
Costinha

Postby Clueless » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:34 pm

OK, i'll try to explain whats needed for GIT to work and if properly configured it works with all and everything.

At first u need Network Devices in all Computers and they have to be working e.g. Connected to someting like an Switch or another Computer or something.
It may not have a red Cross in it.

If you dont have an Network Device at all or it is not connected i'll suggest you the Solution of Monkey Giblets kodos to him for this (a little modified):

---

What you want to do is install a loopback device which will act as a virtual ethernet card if you will, in windows xp you can do this by running the add new hardware configuration, going to advanced and selecting the microsoft loopback device driver (may not be available in previous windows OS's).

Once installed you will want to give this driver a private IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.1) and a subnet mask (255.255.255.0).

Then go into the GIT advanced configuration and select the Loopback Device in the Selection "look at frames on which device?" alter source IP (bottom right corner) make the From Hostname (internal): the IP address of your loopback device and the To Hostname (external): the IP address assigned to you by your ISP.

That should have the effect of creating an ethernet LAN game frame on the loopback device, the packet(s) Source address being manipulated and being sent out your PPP device.

---

in case you have a working Network Device dont forget to select it in "look at frames on which device?" in advanced config

ok, since one Computer is done now, lets go on to the other(s)
you have to configure the Network Device (real or another created) to be in the same range as the first one, in case of loopback device in this example use ip 192.168.1.2 and Subnet 255.255.255.0 or whatever ip is set at the other Computer and add 1 to it (except it is already in use from an other computer on the opposite network, better ask :) ) and the same subnet

again in advanced config select the device you are using at "look at frames on which device?"

if a router is on one side dont forget to open port 213 for git traffic and/or allow git or traffic on the port in your firewall

ok, thats for the basement, the next steps differs from game to game but have to be done on both computers, if you are unsure what it needs, simply check all settings in advanced (except the don't send ones and alter source ip if not needed ^^)
in configuration select all ipx sockets and all ports below git and all the rest in tcp/ip

in case of router dont forget to open up game ports on it

(this may create more traffic than needed between the comps and therefore lag, google what the game needs and break it down, if you have done that make an wizard script from it and submit it to ark)

the last steps in config
now comp a enters the external ip from b and vice versa set the method to udp and click on add followed by ok

the connection should be up now and you should be able to see you / join lan games

maybe ark can correct my spelling and gramar and sticky this, i think this will clear up a lot of issues

have phun playing :D

btw. ark, may we announce games here ? would be cool :P
Clueless

Postby Costinha » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:20 pm

WOW!

Very nice Cluelesse,

I will try it. I think hear i dont have to configure nothing, but in my friend yes.

Thats what i get when hit ipconfig.

Adapter Ethernet Conextion local 2:

Sufixo DNS específico de conexão . :
IP Adress . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Adapter PPP Milenio:

IP Adress . . . . . . . . . . . . : 200.193.xxx.xxx (nunbers on xxx)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Gateway. . . . . . . . . . .. . : 200.193.xxx.xxx

It's all right hear right?

In case, my friend have to configure his lan device whit a ip adress like 192.168.1.x, and X shouldn't be 5 or 1 right?
Costinha

Postby Ark » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:00 pm

0.99 BETA 4 viewtopic.php?t=331

has two new wizard scripts to set up generic TCP/UDP or IPX games. The TCP/UDP one only works if you set up your LANs all on the same subnet and don't have any IP conflicts, but it will properly set all the options and all ports and let you just enter a list of IPs and it will auto-assign the ports. For example, if you have 3 LANs to link together, 24.1.1.1, 24.2.2.2, 24.3.3.3, you list all 3 IPs in the big box and your IP in the top box, and it will automatically assign ports 213, 214, and 215 to the various connections.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Costinha » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:24 pm

We made it!

Only using GIT, just follow the cluless post.

Thanks every one!
Costinha

Postby thudo » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:10 am

You made it? You mean following clueless' instructions worked and now you can use GiT with this WinXP Loopback device to play BfmE not only with two people but more than two? Thanx!
thudo

Postby Pred8or » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:35 am

someone make a wizard then ...
Pred8or

Postby Costinha » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:10 am

No, i dont use a WinXP Loopback.

To say true I don't had to configure nothing, how had was my friend, he have a D-Link.

Look. That's the way ipconfig should apear for both:

My:

IP Adress . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Adapter PPP Milenio:

IP Adress . . . . . . . . . . . . : 200.193.xxx.xxx (nunbers on xxx)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Gateway. . . . . . . . . . .. . : 200.193.xxx.xxx

His:

Adaptador Ethernet Conexão local 1:

Endereço IP . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.6
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3

Adaptador PPP GVT:

IP Adress . . . . . . . . . . . . : 200.175.xx.xxx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . : 200.175.xx.xxx

In GIT we hadn't made any advanced configurations, we made online the GENERIC TCP UPD WIZARD (puts his and my ip on the following box's)

What is important to say is that the problem that we was having hear is becausa my friend was with another lan in PC, after he deleted it works:

Adapter Ethernet Ponte de rede (Ponte de rede) 2:

IP Adress . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Gateway. . . . . . . . . . . :

Well, next step is trie with more than one person....
Costinha

Postby Pred8or » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:32 am

anyone besides me that dont get it to work with git only?

my friends can ping my local ip at my loop back driver but cant ping theirs ... and the client behind router can see and ping me but cant see/ping him..

question: If ur behind a router shall u use loopback connection? cause the client behind router cant use his loopback adapter in the wizard or in advanced config.

strange..
Pred8or

Two Nated Speedtocuh 510 Adsl Router

Postby aspvr » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:42 am

Has any one made it work with two comps both nated
i need only to players so vpn connection would be fine if pred8or could explain all he does is ask when asked to explain he dosent,
you should try to help too you know
i followed every suggestion here nothing worked, for the vpn suggestion it would be nice if you could explain the vpn config.
by the way using only git i we can see each other but after a liittle while the other player dissapear and we cant see each nothing in the chat window .
only once i saw what the other player typed and he typed 25 things i only saw one and vice versa he only saw once what i typed and i typed lots of things he saw only one all of this in the lobby chat window.
only once i was able to create a game that he could saw but he couldnt join
and i was never able to see any of his games.
i tried the tcp/udp wizard no luck i have ticked the nat copnfiguration in advance git config and selected the correct ips i think i show external is ip adress wich i can get at myipadress.com and internal is the lan adapter one no? well thats about all
thx
aspvr

PreviousNext

Return to GIT