GIT, Loopback and other stuff.

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

GIT, Loopback and other stuff.

Postby brianj » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:15 am

Hello all,

First I'd like to express my interest in beta testing 0.99 if that's still an option.

Secondly, some questions about 0.98:

I have a wireless lan card that does not support promiscuous mode. I thought that I may be able to solve the problem by installing a loopback device in XP, but have not yet figured out how to get it to work in conjunction with my USB wireless lan card. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, a friend and I initially had many successful warcraft III games using GIT. I would have to string a long cable across my living room and plug my pci lan card directly into my linksys hub, but nevertheless we could play cooperative LAN games (though I wish I could get the wireless working). Recently, howver, we'll be about 10-15 minutes into the game and then suddenly be disconnected. Sometimes I'd exit out of the game and my internet wouldn't be functional at all until I rebooted. The last couple times, both of us got disconnected and both of us had functional internet service when we exited out of the game. This problem only seemed to happen when using GIT. The only difference between then and now seems to be that we've installed various XP updates and also the 1.17 WC3 patch. Has anyone had similar problems or does anyone have a possible explanation for what's happening?
brianj

Return to GIT