Restriction of Connections

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Restriction of Connections

Postby Tammy » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:36 pm

hi, after reading certain tutorial here on the board, there are only few questions remaining:

1st

it seems i cannot link more than 3 physical lan together to one virtual lan
(why: since only 4 ports are available in git)

lan 1 lan 2 port 213
lan 2 lan 3 port 214
lan 3 lan 1 port 215

so no way to add lan 4?

accodring to this my next question
2nd
can i link like 16 player together to one server using the same port?

server has port 213 listening
all clients connect to the server on port 213
is that working?
or do i have to link the clients all together too?

this question isnt mainly for the idea of getting 16physical lans into one virtual (also i would like this idea), but this idea should work if i try to get 16clients playing on one server?

thnx for answering

regards tammy
Tammy

Postby taz_eat » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:35 pm

Although 4 are default in there you may add more ports by typing them i know. IE just type 216 and hit add. If it is limited to 4 this wont do anything.
taz_eat

Postby Ark » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:10 pm

It depends on the game you are playing and how you need to configure GIT. If you are playing WC3, you can use TCP multi listen server on the server and all the clients just use GIT to connect, you just forward broadcast only, and the game itself can route over the Internet.
For games like AoM or WC2, you need to link each client to every other client. The 0.99 BETA 3 version of GIT includes a wizard, and the WC2 and AoM wizard scripts will link as many LANs together as you need and automatically assign ports starting with 213, and will use more then 4 ports if required.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT