Rome: Total War

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Rome: Total War

Postby taz_eat » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:53 pm

does anyone know the protocol and ports Rome: Total War uses?
My friend and I were having some trouble so I was just wondering if someone could share their working config if they have this game.

Well I did some research with my firewall and I got:
Monitoring app when looking for games I get outbound attempts to 255.255.255.255:26220

Once you hit host it starts listenning on port
26220 in both UDP and TCP.
taz_eat

Postby CalliduS » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:08 am

Did you not just answer your own question ?
CalliduS

Postby taz_eat » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:50 am

No i was still asking for git config.

BUT after a LOT of testing i got it to work...
And udp settings for me did NOT work i dont know if it was my friends router or the fact we use tiny firewall or what, but udp never worked.

TCP finally worked though... I made pics of how we did it too :D
http://s94178705.onlinehome.us/tazeat/git.html

This is using the new git beta 3
taz_eat

Postby CalliduS » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:31 am

Cool, glad your got it working.
CalliduS

dude help me plz

Postby onolox » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:32 pm

i tried ur config and it worked to the point where i see the game but i cant join for some reason i dunno if its because i have rome total realism or not but have u had problem like that ?????
onolox

Postby Skeeter » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Tryed ur config and i can host and mate can join but he cant host as when i connect to his game it says no responce from host. Any ideas? He has a port open for udp and tcp for gaming and i match it as well.

Only thing we do diff which helped more is in the ip thing we add three same ip but for udp/tcp listen and tcp recieve in the config box on left so its got same ip but 3 things added. and i do same. it helps cos then it is just i connect to him and vice versa.

So main question is what can he do using config or fw options to help him host games.

He has a lan computer to connect to his dads pc's internet as his dad gets the direct connection and he connects using his dads pc, his dad using win xp sp2 fw he said he has configured it properly but any ideas what are vital to host games or any tips anywhere would be appreciated.
Skeeter

Return to GIT