THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Postby gavinmmm » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:09 pm

Thanks so much for this program - it has saved my life.

I have two complaints, though. Firstly, it was too hard to find. I only happened to find a link to it as I was browsing the Winpcap site (I had started writing a simpler version of GIT myself - since I didn't know it existed)

I had scoured google for things like "forward broadcast packets" and variations on that theme, but never saw GIT. And since my application isn't gaming, I might have passed it by even if I did. So please try and get it better listed in google so others can find it.

Second, I found the configuration a little difficult at first - the readme is a little confusing and the configuration page makes it seem like you're setting up a client, whereas (I still am not sure) it seems like you have the option to set up a client or a server, depending on whether you choose tcp listen or tcp connect?

I really believe there is a wider demand for this program. I even believe it should forward netbiosIP packets is so asked, so that people with small VPN's can avoid all the workarounds necessary to do SMB networking easily.
gavinmmm

Postby Ark » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:27 pm

Feel free to link to GIT anyplace with those terms, if you want to improve the google listing :)
GIT has evolved some over time, and it no longer is just for IPX packets, it is a very generic tunnel, and it can forward netbios IP packets if you want.
There may or may not be much of a demand for GIT, but unless I could make GIT a commericial program, the limited amount of documentation and the forums here will have to suffice for now.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT