What it is "destination is unicast"?

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

What it is "destination is unicast"?

Postby chol420 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello

I am trying play Conquest of the new World. The computer are connected for TCP listen and TCP connect, but there isn't ping among them. In the game, there is connection but it's disconnect very fast. It appears a count of replies that it's increased, but we can't play

In the file unforwarded.log, i can read "destination is unicast".

The protocol is IPX and we use Windows 98 with VirtualDisk. I have to change the configuration in the protocol IPX in Windows?

Sorry for my english and thanks
chol420

Postby karma » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi
I have been successful playing other IPX windows games (war2, starcraft) by doing these things with GIT:
(Advanced Configuration)
Tick these options, untick all of the other options:
802.2, ethernet ii, ipx, nlsp, spx, netbios, echo, error, rip, ncp, don't send routable

All other options need to be unticked.

You explained you set up the tcp listen and tcp connect. If you have compatible LAN settings between the 2 LANs then you will be able to Ping (only when ARP and ICMP are ticked in Advanced Config) if firewalls are not blocking.

You are using an IPX game, so you do not need ARP and ICMP to play the game. They are only needed for IP and ICMP (ping).

I am not sure which IPX ports the game uses.
It is probably safe to add 0000-ffff to the "IPX sockets" box.

If this does not work, please post your Configuration and Advanced Configuration settings here.

Re: What it is "destination is unicast"?

Postby Ark » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:25 pm

chol420 wrote:H

In the file unforwarded.log, i can read "destination is unicast".

The packet was not forwarded through the GIT tunnel because the destination is unicast, and you have an option selected to only forward broadcast traffic.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to GIT