Diablo 1

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Diablo 1

Postby Penguinn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Hey, I have been trying for the past 2 days to get diablo 1 to work over my network.

I currently have my firewall on both cpus disabled and both have the ipx protocol installed.

Both connect via Wireless 1 desktop 1 laptop

i have spent at least 10 hours at least the past 2 days trying to figure this out. Havent been able to use the GIT program since im at work atm and dled it this morning. I really really really want to play d1 over the lan. But im gonna jump off a bridge if i keep running in circles.

Any tips on what i should do with the GIT program once i get home? Looks pretty simple enough but that hasnt been the case trying to get the ipx to work without a 3rd party tunnel.

Any info would help

Thanks!
Penguinn

diablo 1 ipx

Postby karma » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:04 pm

You should not need to use GIT for a Home LAN.

So you have a desktop and a laptop?
what equipment is between them?
is it a router?
or are you using the AD HOC (peer to peer) wireless network?

For windows xp, set your IPX protocol properties to the 802.3 frame type, and the same network number (00000001)

Lettuce know how it goes

Postby raggnarokh » Sun May 10, 2009 9:35 am

Whoa.. thanks a lot karma!! :))

It actually worked, for the Home Lan! Though I still don't know how to make it work with GIT for anyone outside the apartment....

Help? :/
raggnarokh

ipx git

Postby karma » Mon May 11, 2009 2:09 pm

hey, here is a post where someone got a different IPX game (theme hospital) working on GIT.

viewtopic.php?t=596&highlight=ipx

that explains setting up IPX.

Look at the readme.txt included in GIT installation, to get ideas how to connect to someone outside the apartment.
I'll be on travel for the next month. If, after that, you still can't make outside connections, let me know and i'll test connections with you.

Postby raggnarokh » Tue May 12, 2009 11:35 am

Greaat, thanks a lot! ^^ I'll post if I've still got problems.. =)
raggnarokh

Return to GIT