Question about Battle.net

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Question about Battle.net

Postby Zecknaal » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:39 am

I'm new to using GIT and I was hoping somebody could help me.

First off, lets explain the original problem. When playing Starcraft online, two players with the same IP address cannot be in the same game (Battle.net causes scary amounts of lag). I have been looking for a workaround forever, and I'm hoping GIT will work for me.

What I would like to know is if GIT will alter the source IP from the computer I am playing from to appear as though I am playing from the computer I connect to instead of the one I'm actually playing on (or if I can even connect to B.net through another computer using GIT).

I have a PC available at home to route these connections through, so finding a computer to connect to is not a problem.

Thanks very much!
Zecknaal

Postby karma » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:31 am

well, GIT is used as practically a LAN extension. i think i understand what you are trying to do - alter your IP so there is no same-ip issue with bnet, such as what might happen if you used a proxy... but git won't, by itself, help you there. for starcraft situation, it's good for making a virtual LAN between you and whomever, outside of bnet, to play in LAN (UDP or IPX) mode.

Return to GIT