Anything in a router to look out for?

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Anything in a router to look out for?

Postby DeVastoR_DVR » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:51 pm

I have two ADSL lines (both same ISP and both using Netgear routers), I physically isolated two PCs (one per line) and tried out GIT for the first time and it worked fine (well tested UT 2004 and DoW Dark Crusade), it just worked straight away.

However the problem lies when I try to connect our network with another (they have Siemens 5890 SDSL router), can't get anything to work, not pinging, games, nothing. Have tried tweaking every setting in GIT, and no luck. Suspect it's not anything at our end or the GIT configuration, so would just like to know if anyone can think of any router settings to look out for as I suspect it's something at his end?

Have made sure all firewalls are disabled in both routers and all PCs at both ends. Our IPs don't conflict and are on same range (subnet 255.0.0.0; 10.20.30.x at his end ; 10.10.10.x at my end).

Also one other question, I can find the log files for unfowarded and fowarded but not the other two (incomming and invalid connections), are they supposed to exist, if so where do I find them?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I've been working on this for a couple of days now.
DeVastoR_DVR

Postby DeVastoR_DVR » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 pm

got it working (sort of), with major lag, using TCP. Suspect NAT or firewall setting at other end like it says in other threads.

also is Zlib likely to increase lag or not ? my understading is that it would be better for bandwidth and worse for lag (ping), is that right?
DeVastoR_DVR

Postby DeVastoR_DVR » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:50 pm

actually just had to get hin to open UDP port at his end for UDP to work :roll:
DeVastoR_DVR

Return to GIT