GIT Problems

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

GIT Problems

Postby Haus » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 am

A friend and I are trying to use GIT to play half-life. We have never used it before, so I can't tell whats supposed to be what. We currently have a successful UDP connection established but we still can't see a LAN game that the other person starts in a LAN game list. The settings on both ends as follows.

In Config:
Forward to what hosts? = (other perosn's ip):213 (UDP)
Forward which IPX sockets? = 0000-ffff : All sockets
Forward which TCP/UDP ports? = 217-65535 : All the rest

In Advanced:
Frame types = IEEE 802.2, IEEE 802.3, Ethernet II
IPX packet types = IPX
IPv4 protocols = TCP, UDP
IPv4 Options = Alter source IP, (I have tried with only if broadcast both checked and unchecked)

Router:
We both have ports 213 and some of the 27000 ports(for half-life) forwarded to the proper IP on our LANs.

So anyway, I'm not sure what the problem is. I have tried other settings configs and gotten connections established with TCP and what not, but still nothing. Does HL even work with GIT? Any help would be much appreciated. It would be great if I could get this progam to run.
Haus

Postby maciekc » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:27 pm

Check connection status in git. And also try to play over ipx I configured it much easier than tcp(i couldn`t make it work:)) and try to set much more ipx packet types. Try option be tcp server and forward 213 on your router. Tell your friend to set your external ip with option tcp connect.
maciekc

Postby Haus » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:10 pm

maciekc wrote:Check connection status in git. And also try to play over ipx I configured it much easier than tcp(i couldn`t make it work:)) and try to set much more ipx packet types. Try option be tcp server and forward 213 on your router. Tell your friend to set your external ip with option tcp connect.

I have checked the connection status. It says its connected. I was able to connect TCP too. I have tried to be a TCP listener and Ihave port 213 forwarded as I mentioned in the first post. The only thing I haven't tried there is the IPX stuff. I'll see how that goes.
Haus

Return to GIT