Save me from my doom!! Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Save me from my doom!! Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Postby Max » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:15 pm

Hey

Im on a adsl usb modem nb1200. I try sellecting it in advance configurations as the device I want to use & it crashes my computer (reboots) without warning. I was able to get it to show me the blue screen of death & the error was, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_OR_Equal.

Any help would be appreciated!.
Max

Postby Ark » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:22 pm

That would be a driver issue. Most likely its your ethernet/dsl modem drivers, but it could be a winpcap issue. Make sure you properly installed winpcap with all the extra rebooting. Try the latest winpcap version directly from their site. Try upgrading your dsl modem drivers.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Max » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:55 am

ok its not my modem drivers I've tried newer ones & older ones plus I found out from a friend that his friend is having same problem as me. Hes also on a usb modem. I think its the winpcap, because I uninstalled it & was able to sellect my modem as the device & press ok & it saved the settings fine normaly it would crash with the winpcap installed. Is there a way to fix this problem or am I doomed??
Max

Postby Ark » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:32 am

What you describe does not say for sure that it is winpcap, since without winpcap, GIT isn't even going to use any of your usb modem drivers. Also since another person with the same modem has the same problem, that does not narrow it down yet either. It still could be winpcap or your usb modem driver. Try the latest winpcap beta from their site.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Max » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:46 pm

ok I tried the latest winpcap drivers, the WinPcap_3_1_beta. They cause a whole different problem lol, I can't even start Git with them installed. When i Click to start it, it goes to my task bar but disapears when i move my mouse near it or I just get a Error like... git has caused a error & must close now something like that. I was wondering if it needs any specific services running, Im on win xp pro.
Max

Postby Ark » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:49 pm

When upgrading something like winpcap is can be crucial to reboot excessively. To spell it out, you really must reboot, uninstall, reboot, install new version, reboot again. Also make sure no other background programs are running during uninstall/install. You might want to even reboot, uninstall, reboot, install 3.1-beta, reboot, uninstall to ensure that its uninstalling 3.1-beta, reboot, install 3.1-beta again, reboot.
If you are using GIT 0.97 make sure its not trying to install winpcap at the end, since it includes 3.0.
No special services need to be running, I believe winpcap operates at a lower system level then simply services. It operates more as a network card driver, only hidden and deaper and hooked into system more.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Ice_ » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:25 am

What you are describing is very similar to Winpcap's modem PPP support, it reboots without warning. It's winpcap that doesnt support your USB modem (supports mine btw, D-link USB ADSL modem).
Ice_

Return to GIT