Morpheus won't get past "starting up" phase

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

Morpheus won't get past "starting up" phase

Postby ronen » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:18 am

Hi,

I have the following problem: when I run the program, I get an icon in my system tray, when I put my cursor on it, it says "GIT [STARTING UP]", but it never goes beyond this stage, it just stays like this forever. I can't open the menu or do anything else (right click doesn't do anything), the application seems to just be stuck.

Maybe I should mention that before I had this problem, I installed GIT, and it told me that it doesn't find any devices capable of capturing (or something like that), and in the advanced configuration windows, the list of devices was empty. So what I did it try to upgrade to winpcap version 4, and then the current problem started. I also tried to remove winpcap 4, reinstall GIT with winpcap 3 and lots of other configurations, but the bug persists.

Please help... thanks.

Ronen
ronen

Postby jpharv101 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:35 pm

I had the same problem and managed to fix it by removing WinPcap 3.1, restarting and reinstalling 3.

It asked about overwriting files and suggested keeping the newer versions. Make sure to read it carefully and OVERWRITE the files.
jpharv101

Postby sansan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:51 am

jpharv101 wrote:I had the same problem and managed to fix it by removing WinPcap 3.1, restarting and reinstalling 3.

It asked about overwriting files and suggested keeping the newer versions. Make sure to read it carefully and OVERWRITE the files.

I had the same problem.. I did what you adviced several times.. but without result.. I had a WinPcap 4 installed before GIT.. So, when GIT was intalling Iwas told that I already got the 4th version.. so I just skiped that step.. (STARTING UP.....) I removed WinPcap 4.. restart PC.. and when I was trying to install WinPcap 3.1.. It said that I already have the version 4.. *censored*!!! how come..:)))

After I tryed to install GIT on my laptop.. on which I had no WinPcap installed.. and it works..
sansan

Return to GIT