does git work for splinter cell pt

Gamer's Internet Tunnel, formerly Gamer's IPX Tunnel

does git work for splinter cell pt

Postby mmzch3s9 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:57 am

has anyone goten online using git fot splinter cell pt. I am new to this lan stuff is any internet lan able or is it a special type. Also If annyone has gotten splinter cell pt can you please post your configurations thank you
mmzch3s9

Postby stargatenow » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:57 am

stargatenow

Postby Ark » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:28 am

That is one of the most inefficient ways to set up GIT, regarding the lines telling you to:

- forward 'all well-known' IPX sockets
- forward 'standard' TCP/UDP ports
and
- look into which frame types: everything except SNAP

For starters, games typically only use IPX *or* TCP/UDP, not both.
You never want to forward all ports either, unless you are testing to find out what port a game uses, in which case you want to enable the logging options and find out what ports to use, then use just those ports.
Also, the frame types will effect whether or not your connection works - TCP/UDP only use Ethernet II (D.I.X. frame types) while IPX can use any of those 4, and depending on the version of windows a computer is using, the default setting of 'auto' may use 802.3 or 802.2. If two computers are using different frame types for IPX, they will never be able to communicate via IPX, even if they are on the same LAN, so they definately won't be able to via GIT. It is always recommended to manually set each computer to use 802.2 frame types, and then only use those in GIT.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby poseyjmac » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:18 pm

TCP 40000 to 43000 included
UDP 44000 in input/output
UDP 45000 in input/output
UDP 45001 in input/output
UDP 7776 in input/output
UDP 8888 in input/output

there are the ports that PT needs for internet play, but do we need to forward these on our routers or just forward them in GIT
poseyjmac

Postby Ark » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:27 pm

Thats quite a lot of ports. If the game is routable over the internet, chances are you only need to foward one of those UDP ports, and only if broadcast, and it will work, if you open all the other ports in the router for normal access. The broadcast port is probably used to find the games on the network, and broadcast doesn't normally travel over the internet, so while the game can probably play fine over the internet without GIT, you cant find the game to join the game without using GIT to tunnel the single broadcast port the game server uses to announce the presense of a game server.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Gwyrgyn » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:48 am

We're trying it here and it doesn't work. It's unable to ever find any LAN games, it just says "No Match Found". I'm definately getting a connection in the Connection Status window though.
Gwyrgyn

Postby IwantTOplay » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:25 pm

im not even connected in the status window. can anyone tell me how to configure every part?

i think it's because i have a router. (it's a Linksys BEFSR41)

thanks for help :wink:
IwantTOplay

anybody

Postby IwantTOplay » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:35 pm

anybody know how to configure it? i need it to work. read the post above for my problem. :)

oh yea, anyone know which ports need to be forwarded for SCPT, cause i don't want to forward every port.
IwantTOplay

Postby Ice_ » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:23 pm

I got it to work just fine. This is how I did it with my friend:

The one that is going to host the server do the following

"Under forward to what hosts?":

Check the checkbox with the following text:

"Be TCP listen server and accept all connections on the same port from any host instead."

Max connections: 16 (can be whatever you want)

Port number: 222

On the right side under "Forward which TCP/UDP ports?":
7770-8888

Press ADD

Press OK.

For the client(s):

"Under forward to what hosts?":

Host or IP: Your friend that is going to host the server's IP
Port number: 222
Using method: TCP connect

Press ADD

On the right side under "Forward which TCP/UDP ports?":
7770-8888

Press ADD

Press OK.

--------------------------------------

That is all you need. However if you can see the server and when you try to join it and get "session no longer exist" or something like that, both the Clients and Server should right click GIT and go to advanced configuration and do the following:

Check the checkbox on the far right almost at the bottom saying: "Alter Source IP (for NAT):"

From Hostname (Internal): 192.168.0.1
To Hostname (External): The server IP

That is all, I've played and it works very well. Thx GIT maker ;)
Ice_

Postby cav2200 » Mon May 10, 2004 2:28 pm

I think this guide is extremely efficient

http://tinyurl.com/3dmye

basically I've figured out that port 7776 udp is the broadcast one, 8888 udp is the game port, and then whatever port you use for git (default 213 tcp)

so you have to open those ports in your router or firewall, and in git you need to forward 7776.

If you want to play a pt game, visit us at #pandoratomorrow @ EFnet

irc://irc.easynews.com/pandoratomorrow
________
Buy Silver Surfer Vaporizer
cav2200

Return to GIT