Thanks And an Offer Of Encouragement

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Thanks And an Offer Of Encouragement

Postby Toad » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:00 pm

First, thanks for resolving my upgrade dilemma. The process was complex, but went smoothly and was treated fairly. Things are going well with the Morpheus Photo Animation Suite Industrial, but taking time to learn which brings up a point I would like to share. I know opinions are not encouraged, but this is a thoughtful one that could be of help to others using of this product.

I’ve been a professional artist over 40 years, and efficient in the traditional mediums from painting to sculpture. Computer graphics on the other hand is a different matter. Since the hand cannot be used to directly render the work, requires technical problem-solving abilities. Therefore, an artistic minded technician is more suited in this field. The only advantage a natural artist would have, would be to immediately recognize what needs to be seen. The problem for so many artists, is their technical skills are not equaled to their artistic ones and often drains their inspiration.

In the late-Nineties I worked with one of leading 3D modelers to produce an animated film. The project took six months. About half way through, it became nothing less than hard labor from my end, but it was finished though I lost all interest and stated I would never do another.

I’ve been asked numerous times to evaluate a highly popular and successful 3D modeling software. I decline. The reason, is because there is no way I could give it a grade as the success of its use depends on the skill of the user. If I’m not mistaken, it too has a forum which is why they are created. Those who design programs are experts. What may seem simple to them may not be simple to the nonprofessional. Even with detailed help there will be those who struggle.

Morpheus is far from the technical difficulties of modeling, but it is complex. I have learned the best approach is to take your time, read and experiment, learning what each and everything does before you begin any serious work. However at times, I’m just as guilty of jumping into a program thinking I’ll pick it up as I go, but end up frustrated and stifled like anyone else.

Don’t try to do a masterpiece the first time out. If you run into a snag, it will only magnify your frustration even more to the point you can’t proceed. I was a little bothered at first because I had created some fantastic work with the v1.85, but now that I have settled down everything is falling into place and is showing in my work.

Ark is of great help displaying calm, professional help under adverse questioning. He/She knows this program and may have had a hand in its development. So, read, practice and listen. It’s better to take time with these things now, than waste time later starring at the screen stumped.
Toad

Return to General Questions