What the heck is a php file

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

What the heck is a php file

Postby Benchmark Imaging » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:02 pm

:evil:
I just purchased your Pro version of the Morpheus software and I have no software. All I have is some php file that none of my PC or mac computers know what to do with. Is this some sort of stuffed file? I need this software yesterday and if we can't get it to work right away the order will need to be cancelled.
Benchmark Imaging

Postby Ark » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:20 am

PHP is a web scripting language, its basically like an HTML file. PHP is the most widely used server side scripting language for web servers currently. If you are downloading a file and you are saving it as a file ending with PHP, it sounds likely that your browser is broken, and simply not naming the file correctly, try renaming it to Morpheus.exe or something. If the file is really small, perhaps it was an error message or redirect message, and instead of displaying the message or redirecting to another web page like it should, your browser just decided to save the message as a file. Also, maybe you shift+clicked a link or some other combination that saves files to disk in your browser.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions