Animation in Morpheus

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Animation in Morpheus

Postby fxmaker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi. I'm new to using Morpheus and I trying to animate still pictures of imperial troopers as seen in the STAR WARS films... of course it is a jpeg or something rather. I've brought it into this program under the impression I can use morphing tools to possibly animate the picture and then in another program i use matte it in with the rest of the scene. I looked through the help, FAQ, tutorials of the program but could not find anything. All I know from the FAQ is that an animation morph is called a warp but i'm not sure how to set this up or how to approach this in the program... any help will be greatly appreciated.

FXMAKER
________
BUY VAPIR OXYGEN
Last edited by fxmaker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
fxmaker

Postby Ark » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:55 pm

What more specifically are you trying to accomplish?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby fxmaker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:08 pm

I'm trying to animate still pictures of imperial troopers by morphing the arms, legs, neck, waist etc. to do different movements... And since the image of the trooper is against a blue backing i can export the animated file and matte (bluescreen) the moving (animated) trooper into my film.

All I'm trying to do really is create characters that I always admired when
I was a kid without having to create the character from scratch using softwares like Lightwave or Maya to do it. I thought morphing the picture may make it easier (by using a still of a trooper and just animating/morphing that) .

I mean when I was looking for morphing softwares Morpheus came up and it said you could animate pictures of politicians or whatever so I thought maybe I can take that concept and apply it to what I'm trying to do. What it comes down to (I think) is how do you warp images in Morpheus (if that is what you have to do to animate a picture).

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions I really appreciate it.

FXMAKER
________
Montego
Last edited by fxmaker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
fxmaker

Postby Ark » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:19 pm

Warping would be the closest thing to what you seem to want, but warping is more for distorting images, not for just creating an animation of a still image appear as if it were walking. You can see the example warps which come with the program and look at the tutorial for warps specifically.

One thing to keep in mind is that the blue background may become blended into your images as they warp, so you might want to warp with an alpha channel in your images instead. An alpha channel allows multiple levels of translucency instead of just a single color to be represented as transparent.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby fxmaker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:58 pm

OK so it is warping that is sort of what I'm looking for... Thank you for making this clear for me I really appreciate your help. :D

FXMAKER
________
FORD FLATHEAD ENGINE PICTURE
fxmaker

Return to General Questions