Ark – why delete my post??

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Postby drought » Tue May 30, 2006 8:51 am

I too purchased the standard version of the Morpher software after trying the free version and agreed with the other poster who felt deceived by questionable marketing tactics – and posted as such, only to find you had deleted my critique. (Specifically, this dealt with the inability to save movie file versions [i.e. AVI] of a morph using the standard version of the software while not making that limitation explicit in the purchase process.)
drought

Postby Ark » Tue May 30, 2006 9:13 am

We very rarely delete posts, but when people troll links to other sites, or post topics with no question asked, just baseless opinions thrown around like they are facts, we must remove such posts to discourage the forums from become a useless cesspool. Additionally, this question has already been asked and responded to, but I can show you once again:
The product about page:
http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheusmorph/about.php
The product comparision chart:
http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... ompare.php
And the front page of the purchase pages:
https://www.morpheussoftware.net/morphe ... rchase.php
All outline the various features available in the various versions.

There is little we can do if people do not read any information about the program they are buying, and there would not be any value in providing a several separate trial programs when one trial can let you try all of the features at once. Additionally, there is no penalty for purchasing a lower edition, then upgrading later to a higher edition, since the Upgrade Discount option at the bottom of the purchase page will let you upgrade for the difference in prices.

We have found over time that these various versions work very well for the people using Morpheus, since it allows us to have a cheaper but still functional edition of the program for people who only use it for web page uploads, while allowing us to stay in business with a more expensive edition for video profressionals who need all of the features which are available. If we only sold the more expensive edition, we would cut out many home users who would not otherwise buy the program.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby drought » Tue May 30, 2006 9:30 am

You’re right – the question I had: why can’t I save as AVI (with the standard version), had been answered by your post. The forum worked, as it answered my question. But the subsequent issue that arose was mirrored by the other poster: maybe there is room to better differentiate between the offerings of the products?

For one, I looked extensively for that comparison between the products (something found on most websites) and was unable to at time of purchase. Later in your answer I found it, and see you do have it here:

http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... ompare.php

…but I could not find this on my own simply navigating through the website. Could you enlighten me/others on how you get to that comparison using, say, the homepage as a starting point? It’s almost as if it’s an unlinked page?

Look, I agree it’s ultimately the customer that’s responsible for knowing what they’re buying, but my point was if a company begins to get repeat feedback that their customers feel they’ve been duped, then maybe there is room for improvement in the offering? That’s all...
drought

Postby Ark » Tue May 30, 2006 9:53 am

On the homepage, under the big download and purchase buttons, is a link which says "View Product Features" which takes you to the main about page. After the screenshots and list of main feature points for each of the editions of the program, there is a note saying the trial lets you try all features, and then a link to compare that program with the other programs.

Given that the fast majority of users never email us or post here for technical support at all, looking only at a few negative posts here and there will produce rather skewed results -- Anybody who has no trouble and no questions never spends their time to post a topic saying that they have no question and just wanted everybody to know. So far, we've hard a much harder time convincing people that you can't pirate music with Morpheus than explaining the difference between the various editions of the program.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions