Compressed avi does not play!

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Compressed avi does not play!

Postby Alma » Fri May 26, 2006 1:20 pm

I recently upgraded morpheus from version 1.85 to 3.0 Prefessional version. When I was doing the trial morphs, the compressed avi files worked okay, therefore I opted to upgrade. Now the compressed avi files do not play, I have Windows Media Player 10 intalled on the computer. It notifies me of an Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000. I think that there is a problem with the codec compressor because the error message says that windows media player does not support it. Is there anything that I can download to fix this problem?
Thanks, Alma
Alma

Postby Ark » Fri May 26, 2006 1:53 pm

Morpheus does not do the AVI compression itself - Windows's DirectShow interface handles passing off the compression to whichever Codec you choose. There are no known issues with Morpheus, but it is likely that many codecs which may be installed do not always support compression. Try well-known codecs such as Microsoft Video 1 (which is poor quality, but should come with Windows by default) or DivX if you have that installed.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions